Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinibwoy

Meh
Legend
Supporter
It's on! From now till Jan 3rd. Nearly everything on sale 50-80% off.

Looks like they will have daily specials too.

Mirror's edge $5
Stalker $1.99
Witcher $14
Ghostbusters $7
Red Faction $20
DowII $20
Operation Flashpoint $20

http://store.steampowered.com/

Someone over GAF asked for advice on which indie titles to go for, so I'll repost it here since it might be helpful:

Defense Grid: A couple of dollars and the most polished and balanced Tower Defence game you'll ever play, looks nice to boot.

Shadowgrounds Pack: These are a top down version of what Doom 3 should have been. Intense action, excellent moody lighting effects and a decent enough story/universe. You get both titles for about $5, they're both decent length and support upto 4 player offline co-op on the same machine.

The "Shooter" games: A combination of Diablo and Smash TV, they're 99p each or a few quid for the pack, if you're picky go for Alien Shooter 2. Loads of loot and loads of shooting with a huge selection of guns and an awesome visual style.

Trials 2: The predecessor of the most popular Arcade game on the 360 this year, sure it needs no introduction, hard as nails.

Machinarium, Braid, World of Goo and Audiosurf are all utter non brainers as well, just buy them, don't even bother thinking about it.

how is the witcher ? Going to pull the gun on ghostbusters and stalker

Still not put the time into it I should have but it was widely regarded as the best RPG of 2007 and its received excellent support from the CD Projekt. A "proper" WRPG, something which can be quite rare these days, go for it.

brain stew thanks for the info.

Think the witcher would run good on a dual core athlon 64 at 1.6ghz and a radeon 4330 512 meg. Thats my laptop and looking for some good stuff to play on my vacation to florida.

Awesome thanks, Torchlight on sale again. Picked up that, Stalker and Braid

Thanks for the tip on the Stalker mod. I will have to look in to it. As for the question about the Witcher...get it is all I can say especially if you like RPGs. Be sure to get the extended edition or whatever it is called. Epic storytelling.

Wonderful ... servers too busy ...

PS. hmm no trouble downloading mirror's edge at 10 MB/s but it can't start the download on Defense Grid?

Think the witcher would run good on a dual core athlon 64 at 1.6ghz and a radeon 4330 512 meg. Thats my laptop and looking for some good stuff to play on my vacation to florida.

Err that rig is a little slow for The Witcher. Especially the processor. Well the videocard too. It will probably work but don't expect pretty graphics or a high framerate.

What I want to know is, why WoW and it's expansions aren't for sale on Steam? Most of the hit MMO's are for sale on Steam, and I need a new WOTLK copy, mine went the route of my BF2 CD. You'd think, since vanilla WoW isn't available on a DVD, neither is BC. Both those games amount to eight CD's, and if you're anything like me, keeping track of all of them is a task.

In a perfect world, I would be organized with CD's in mint condition. Alas.....

Besides, I want to give a friend of mine the gift of WoW and it's expansions, this year for the holidays. I'd really love it if I could give it to him as a gift via Steam, as oppose to competing with the masses for Gamestop's last copy of the Battle Chest. Having to machete my way through the console games to the fabled ruins of PC gaming is hard enough.

Bought Torchlight, Stalker and Ghostbusters. But can't download em at the moment because the servers are busy. Surprise surprise :LOL:

Also, Mirror's Edge for 3.73 €! :)

I am playing that game right now...and to put it nicely the game is quite bland. URGH. If it were not for my manic obsession of finishing a game that I start, I would have uninstalled it a long time ago. It does look pretty on the PC though. Just the controls feel so damn unwieldy.

Finally I will be getting The Witcher!
It was on my mind for over half a year now, but patience paid off :D

THANKS!

picked up mirrors edge. steal really, very close to getting op flashpoint 2 as well

The multiplayer is apparently both dead and broken (P2P ftl), ARMA 2 would be a better choice imo.

What I want to know is, why WoW and it's expansions aren't for sale on Steam? Most of the hit MMO's are for sale on Steam, and I need a new WOTLK copy, mine went the route of my BF2 CD. You'd think, since vanilla WoW isn't available on a DVD, neither is BC. Both those games amount to eight CD's, and if you're anything like me, keeping track of all of them is a task.

In a perfect world, I would be organized with CD's in mint condition. Alas.....

Besides, I want to give a friend of mine the gift of WoW and it's expansions, this year for the holidays. I'd really love it if I could give it to him as a gift via Steam, as oppose to competing with the masses for Gamestop's last copy of the Battle Chest. Having to machete my way through the console games to the fabled ruins of PC gaming is hard enough.

Blizzard have their own DD store that's why, you can gift him the games through there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back