B3Ders on PSN

fearsomepirate

Dinosaur Hunter
Veteran
I just got a PS3 recently. It seems like we should have a dedicated thread for sharing our PSN tags and talking about what we're currently playing. Anyway, I'm fearsomepirate on PSN (who could have guessed? ;)), so add me if you want to. All I have right now for online gaming is Fear 2. Yeah, me and 14 other people in the whole world. I'll probably get KZ2 next. So, if you want to, post your ID in this thread, and I'll try to keep the OP updated.

Unless there's a thread for this that I didn't find.

B3D ID/PSN ID

fearsomepirate/fearsomepirate

Hi fearsome, congrats with your purchase. Now a pro-board-tip:

Add your PSN on your profile, and you'll see all our PSN profiles magically appear in each and every single post we make in the console forums. ;)

Add your PSN on your profile.

How is that actually done? Either I'm blind and/or stupid, but I can't seem to find an option for that. I don't even find the place where I used to put my Xbox gamertag.

I searched the FAQ and found a link which says "customize profile", when I press it, I get this.

"Dr Evil, you do not have permission to access this page"

Maybe it's old link or something as there is some other old stuff in the FAQ also, or maybe this thing somehow disapled for me?

Hi fearsome, congrats with your purchase. Now a pro-board-tip:

Add your PSN on your profile, and you'll see all our PSN profiles magically appear in each and every single post we make in the console forums. ;)

You kids and your fancy-pants software technology! Back in my day, a <blink> tag and an animated .gif were considered state of the art!

How is that actually done? Either I'm blind and/or stupid, but I can't seem to find an option for that. I don't even find the place where I used to put my Xbox gamertag.

Should just be User CP -> Edit Your Details (left column, first link under Your Control Panel/Your Profile).

Also try changing the forum to Old Style (bottom left of the forum page).

Strange I have been missing "edit your details" for months, changing the style and back again made it return. Happy Happy Joy Joy :)

Still prefer the European portable ID is that allowed for signatures here?

I just got a PS3 recently. It seems like we should have a dedicated thread for sharing our PSN tags and talking about what we're currently playing. Anyway, I'm fearsomepirate on PSN (who could have guessed? ;)), so add me if you want to. All I have right now for online gaming is Fear 2. Yeah, me and 14 other people in the whole world. I'll probably get KZ2 next. So, if you want to, post your ID in this thread, and I'll try to keep the OP updated.

Unless there's a thread for this that I didn't find.

B3D ID/PSN ID

fearsomepirate/fearsomepirate

Congrats but, for what it's worth, an alternative suggestion to KZ2...

Whilst it's a fantastic showpiece for the PS3 (I love it and Phil and a couple of others go online regularly I think) it might be worth looking at something like MW2 if you don't have it on 360 or PC. Just as that'll have a mmore active online component.

The B3D room is great - I don't use it regularly enough (cos I can't shake my addiction to Warhawk) but for organising get togethers and bullying others into playing the games you want to it works a treat.

Cheers.

Addicted to tekken at the minute pretty much all i play online at the mo along with a bit of SFIV. Not many fighter fans on here it would seem though.
Wouldnt mind getting a game of U2 goin now the new map is out havent tried it yet.

Get both. ^_^
KZ2 SP is nice too.

The B3D room is great - I don't use it regularly enough (cos I can't shake my addiction to Warhawk)

Ha ha, I didn't know you're still playing Warhawk. Reminds me of Need2Know (gazsix) who's still playing R2 rather frequently.

Ha ha, I didn't know you're still playing Warhawk. Reminds me of Need2Know (gazsix) who's still playing R2 rather frequently.

Heh, I actually played something new earlier and loved it - Critter Crunch & MW2. Both great games. I think I may have turned a corner... Someone hold me! :(

Whilst it's a fantastic showpiece for the PS3 (I love it and Phil and a couple of others go online regularly I think) it might be worth looking at something like MW2 if you don't have it on 360 or PC. Just as that'll have a mmore active online component.

Yeah, I have been playing MW2 quite regularly lately, but I'm bound to go back to KZ2 more often, as I like the tactical team orientated gameplay better. There are not as many users online as a couple of months ago, but still more than enough to have fun. In fact, I've been seeing more and more people on my friends list start to play KZ2 more often again since last week.

Both are great though and deliver quite different gameplay making them both worth a purchase IMO.

I'll try to make an effort to visit the B3d chat room more often when I'm online too. You can add me, my PSN id is conceptics-US.

I have been playing Fear 2 online. I am really, really , really, really bad at thumbstick aiming, and I've been playing console FPSes for a few years now. Takes online to make me realize how bad I am at it. Also, it's really frustrating to play a control point game when half your team decides it would rather camp and try to snipe, even when the enemy's in your base, taking your last control point.

Anyway, I have been reading about MW's multi, and it sounds like exactly the sort of thing that would make me throw the controller through the screen. Shooting through walls, knife maniacs, and UAVs? No thanks.

How come my Network ID isn't actually showing up?

Yeah this worked, thanks!
edit: Can you only see peoples trophies that are on your friend list?

Fearsome, you have to go to playstation.com sign in and create a playstation network portable ID.

I have been playing Fear 2 online. I am really, really , really, really bad at thumbstick aiming, and I've been playing console FPSes for a few years now. Takes online to make me realize how bad I am at it. Also, it's really frustrating to play a control point game when half your team decides it would rather camp and try to snipe, even when the enemy's in your base, taking your last control point.

Yeah, back in my RFOM days when we had a tight clan, we would sacrifice our personal stats to achieve group objectives. Some of us often threw ourselves into the enemy base to distract or open a beachhead (like beach landing in Saving Private Ryan).

That game has some interesting arsenal (e.g., Auger) to help us defend a position for a short while. Personally, it's actually rather fun to get into such a mess.

But if people are playing as individual heroes, then I think the experience will plateau.

To get my K/D ratio back, I would play occasionally as individuals to try to pull the ratio into "positive territory". :)

I think the EU folks are more on-the-ball :)

I saw JardeL, concepticus-US, russo, and a couple of others more often in the chat room. You can hop in there from time to time to see if people are playing.

They used to appear like what... 10:00am PST ?

Should just be User CP -> Edit Your Details (left column, first link under Your Control Panel/Your Profile).

Yeah this worked, thanks!
edit: Can you only see peoples trophies that are on your friend list?

Fearsome, you have to go to playstation.com sign in and create a playstation network portable ID.

... which reminds me.

The B3D implementation is broken thanks to Sony migrating their services without remapping the old URL :rolleyes:

e.g., My Portable ID should look like this:

... but the B3D profile used the outdated one:

When you click on the new gamer profile on top, it goes to:
http://profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/visit/profiles/patsu
which allows you to see my trophies and friends.

The old one goes to http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/patsu which is redirected to a help page.

EDIT: The same URL format works for EU folks even though the URL says us.playstation.com.

EDIT 2: Most of you are on my friends list. I can see who're the most avid gamers by sorting your trophy collection size in descending order. I am clearly below average. :p (Level 5-ish, while a couple of you are Level 14)

Back