Formula 1 - 2010 Season

Dave Baumann

Gamerscore Wh...
Legend
The 2009 season is sewn up - a new team as constructors champs and a new (old) world champ in Jenson Button. Time to look on the 2010.

For 2010 we have 3 new teams (possibly 4), an inevitable batch of new drivers to go with them, a new (old) engine supplier, similar aero rules, fat cars with no refuelling, skinny front wheels and (currently) a 19 race calender.

Use this thread for discussions on the team changes going into the season, pre-season testing and of course the season itself.

Will one of the new guys provide a surprise or will the old guard manage to negociate their way through enforce budget cuts to still come out on top?

Enjoy F1 2010! :D

History threads: 2007, 2008, 2009

Repost from the 2009 thread:

Anyway, here are my predictions for 2010:

Brawn: Button and Rosberg
Red Bull: Vettel and Webber (no need to predict, though)
McLaren: Hamilton and Räikkönen (if he lowers his demands)
Ferrari: Alonso and Massa (no need to predict)
Toyota: Kobayashi and Heidfeld?
Williams: Barrichello and Hulkenberg
Renault: Kubica and Glock
Force India: Liuzzi and Fisichella?
Toro Rosso: Buemi and Alguersuari
Campos: Senna and de la Rosa or Piquet?
Lotus: Trulli and Sato or Heidfeld?
Manor: Davidson and ??
USF1: ??
Sauber (if they will get a place): ??

Who of the new teams won't make it?

This is false, Fisichella has been confirmed as Ferraris test driver

I know he's been confirmed, but Ferrari still has Badoer and Fisi still wants to race.

I know he's been confirmed, but Ferrari still has Badoer and Fisi still wants to race.
They also have Marc Gene and even Michael Schumacher, but still they have confirmed that Fisichella will be their test driver, and IIRC even Fisichella himself said it

They also have Marc Gene and even Michael Schumacher, but still they have confirmed that Fisichella will be their test driver, and IIRC even Fisichella himself said it
Yes, I am not disputing that. I am saying that Ferrari may let him race for another team in addition to being their third driver.

Williams confirmed they were switching to Cosworth over the weekend. Announcement today about 2010 driver line-up.

EDIT: And it's Barrichello and Hulkenburg like everyone expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kimi has finally said it out loud - why he got out from Ferrari.
In the end it was quite simple - spanish company Santander, which gets 1/5th of it's profits from their brazilian wing, bought the finn out to get spanish in and keep the brazilian in.

Then... who will supply tires?!

Well, I doubt Michelin wants to get back in so soon, maybe Goodyear or Dunlop?

A fair bit of gossip at the moment that Toyota are going to announce imminently that they are going to abandon F1. Could be as soon as tomorrow.

If that is so, they will have achieved nothing while spending more than anyone.

What will happen to the team? The facilities in Cologne are huge. Toyota has a history of not letting people go when closing down stuff.

Maybe enter other classes? With the money the spend on F1 they could probably fund atleast half a dozen of other series. Maybe WRC, Hybrid Le-mans, GT? Than again, I wonder what most other series could offer Toyota not to mention it will take time to be succesull no matter what they enter into so I wonder how usefull that would be for Toyota as I assume that no matter what they might get into they want succes on a short term to show they can actually win something.

Anyway Toyota's real problem is their management and not hiring a top driver. If they are smart they atleast stick it out another year. Shouldnt be too expensive with all the new budget cuts and atleast they now got a car that atleast seem to have some decent basis. Now all they need to do is get a good driver, which would basically mean Kimi as there is no one else left, so give him his money (thats probably the only way he'd even think about getting into a Toyota) and keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Anyway, if they do leave it wont be a big loss as the Sauber team will take their place

I'd take Sauber over Toyota any day. Toyota (without Ove) is just as corporate as BMW was, while Sauber are proper racers.

Dave, have you subscribed to GP+? I did earlier this year and I must say it is pretty good. Some really interesting stories in there and good opinion pieces.

Bye, Toyota. You achieved nothing in F1, just as BMW did, but at least you hung in there longer than BMW, which is admirable. I am sure the employees will be looked after as is the Toyota way.

Sucks for Kobayashi too, he deserves a go in F1 after what he's shown he can do. He has a real fighting spirit.

Back