AMD: R9xx Speculation

Nothing. Barts is 6700 series. Don't believe everything he writes. He changes his opinion like a girl changes her clothes... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

you seem confident..

overly confident..

can you tell me what will happen with Cypress and Juniper after Barts launches?

Thanks, now I can get you off of my list with "people that actually know something"

Please refrain from posting until you have something credible, you are too confident based on assumption, not on facts.

What do you mean "what will happen to Juniper/Cypress"? As in a price drop or something?

I really hope AMD is not going to give them "a second life" with a rebranding. But, neliz, if you are so confident and in the know as you claim, please, enlighten us.Otherwise I think you are misinforming us supporting such nonsense ideas.

I really hope AMD is not going to give them "a second life" with a rebranding.
Rebranding Cypress doesn't seem to make a lot of sense with Barts shaping up to offer roughly the same (or just slightly less) performance @ a much smaller die size etc.

Juniper however ... :rolleyes:

you seem confident..

overly confident..

can you tell me what will happen with Cypress and Juniper after Barts launches?

Wait wait, i got i got!

(my own speculation)

6990 -> Antilles XT (dual Cayman)
6970 -> Antilles PRO (dual Bart)
6950 -> Cayman XT
6870 -> Cayman PRO
6850 -> Cypress XT
6830 -> Bart XT
6770 -> Bart Pro
6750 -> Juniper XT
6670 -> Juniper PRO
6650 -> Turks XT
6570 -> Turks PRo
6550 -> Caicos XT
6530 -> Caicos PRO

Now, take that! Bart is both 6700 and 6800 series, HD6xxx is both new and old.. it's fits all the rumors
Now i understand why it was so confusing, and so many different rumors where going on!
Well, for sure AMD beat Nvidia another time: this time it would be rebranding :LOL:

Yep, a fail but not as bad as AMD's epic fail if they call such low performance part (Barts) 6800 series. That will be an epic fail. :devilish:
Don't be angry.

It all depends on what you define as "performance part".

Personally, I don't see how calling a chip that presumably reaches GTX 470 performance a "performance part" makes any sense. It probably comes @ a similar die size as RV770. Think about it. It would have been more Juniper-like @ 32nm. But as it stands now, Barts is probably closer to Cypress in die size and power draw than it is to Juniper. You just can't make everybody happy. Many people would have complained about price and power draw if they had actually launched it as HD 67** series. Now some people (like you) might complain about performance (though tessalation performance should still get very interesting).

I'd still label Barts XT as HD 6850 to strike the best possible balance, though ;)

Wait wait, i got i got!

(my own speculation)

6990 -> Antilles XT (dual Cayman)
6970 -> Antilles PRO (dual Bart)
6950 -> Cayman XT
6870 -> Cayman PRO
6850 -> Cypress XT
6830 -> Bart XT
6770 -> Bart Pro
6750 -> Juniper XT
6670 -> Juniper PRO
6650 -> Turks XT
6570 -> Turks PRo
6550 -> Caicos XT
6530 -> Caicos PRO

Now, take that! Bart is both 6700 and 6800 series, HD6xxx is both new and old.. it's fits all the rumors
Now i understand why it was so confusing, and so many different rumors where going on!
Well, for sure AMD beat Nvidia another time: this time it would be rebranding :LOL:

Your speculation is at least partly wrong, both Antilles cards are Cayman based.

slajd1.png

slajd2.png

http://obrovsky.blogspot.com/2010/09/radeony-hd-6800-vime-vse.html

That wouldn't be nice. XT was linked with xx7x-models for generations... Why should they change it?
I've been advocating the idea of actually naming the Barts XT card "HD 6850" for a few weeks now - and I neither want to repeat my reasoning behind it yet again nor do I want to stir unnecessary commotion among the more conservative forum members. So let's just say that I generally ike change if the postive aspects seem to actually outweigh potential problems.

Back