*spin-off* GoWIII is it 1080p

Do a quick google search, plenty of dev comments confirming 1080p (a couple mention 60fps too)

Do a quick google search, plenty of dev comments confirming 1080p (a couple mention 60fps too)

As far as I can see... old interviews. That said, even the E3 2009 footage was 720p 2xMSAA... the framerate then was inconclusive due to only a 30fps encoded movie, but there were certainly framerate dips noticeable during the demonstration.

I don't know what you are searching for then, but I put in god of war 3 1080p and found lots of links all "confirming" 1080p

One of the devs mentioned it at e3, just because Grandmaster analysed the PSN video doesn't mean thats all the game supports. (Please if you know of a link where the dev states it's 720p 2xMSAA then share it)

Anyway, lets wait and see, I could barely stomach a single level in either game so it's no big deal as far as I'm concerned.

You can google "Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1080p" and find tons of confirmation, but the game is not 1080P. I didn't find much, just talk about the video trailer being 1080P, but I found this:

"Cory got a little carried away at the press conference/launch event." I owe him a kick in the balls for that -- thanks for reminding me. [...] I imagine we could make a game that worked at 60fps and 1080p but we might have to make some decisions about the gameplay that we wouldn't really want to live with in, order to achieve it.

"supporting 1080"... There's no way they're just automagically gaining 2.25x worth of shader power and fill rate for a full 1920x1080. It is more than likely the usual 1080-horizontal scaling support.

Uh...

GoW is NOT 1080p. Just because you can google it and get some results from irrelevant and outdated sites doesn't mean its true. I can google lots of games, and have google link me to sites claiming different resolutions than what it really is. Il take grandmaster\quaz pixel counting over PR talk any day.

It would be funny to think that GoW will suddenly magically double their resolution, when all we have seen now is 720p with some Aa.

Also: Supporting 1080p only means that you can run your TV in 1080p mode, and you will get a picture. Guess what? Allmost all my PS3 games support this. That doesn't mean they are native 1080p.

Nothing wrong with 30 fps, IMO. As long as there aren't sudden or consistently large drops in frame rate.

Regards,
SB

And that is the problem, those sudden & large drops will always be there no matter what. Regardless I would take higher framerates with a little toning down in tech over higher visuals at 30FPS, 60FPS games can still look amazing neverthless and run at 720p with AA [DMC4 comes into mind !]

GOW1 & GOW2 were special cause they were 60FPS & the art was used so nicely that they never really felt any less exciting to look at than other 30FPS high end PS2 games.I'd like to see something like this for GOW3 too. ;)

I remember reading that their goal was 30 FPS and 60 in some scenes, and that they were aiming for 1080p.

The footage shown so far looks like its 720p @ 30 FPS though.

Well, trying to achieve 60 fps with those gorgeus graphics will sure be a very difficult thing! I think they will settle for 720p 30fps ! I don't want them to sacrifice graphics to incorporate 1080p.

"supporting 1080"... There's no way they're just automagically gaining 2.25x worth of shader power and fill rate for a full 1920x1080. It is more than likely the usual 1080-horizontal scaling support.
He said it will be 1080p, supporting 1080i and 1080p.

How they manage it can be debated, but I think it would be prudent to wait and actually see something of the (near) final product before proclaiming what they will do.

Does it matter if GoW3 is not 1080p ? They should focus on gameplay innovation. From what I have seen, the graphics is already very vivid and gory.

Back