Alan Wake: Microsoft preparing to leave PC gamers behind (again)

I usually go to Amazon and get my games shipped from there but it seems that this time I am only able to find downloads and no media. I happen to like media...is the game only available in download form?

I usually go to Amazon and get my games shipped from there but it seems that this time I am only able to find downloads and no media. I happen to like media...is the game only available in download form?

IIRC media version is coming at some point, but it was said that it will initially be download only

At a guess, since the PC version appears to be self published by Remedy (at least the Steam version is), then it's entirely possible that the proceeds from the DD version will help fund the production of physical copies of the game.

So I'm guessing that the faster it sells on Steam, the faster we'll eventually see a physical retail release.

Regards,
SB

Tomorrow according to Amazon UK

SpecialEdition._V138180112_.jpg

I'm at chapter 4 now, really like the game. Kinda gives me a Max Payne feeling. However, I think some of the battles are very cheap. Alan is about as fast as 90 year old. Running is slow and you are tired very fast, changing weapons takes so long that there is more than enough time to actually think about it, think some more, than wonder if something is going to happen, and than finally you changed your weapon just to get cut down by 3 enemies all dealing double damage and now way to do anything about it because you get hit from 3 sides and doding really only works with enemies coming from one side. It's just stupid that some parts of the game require you to run around in the dark with no weapons with more than 5 enemies. You really can't do anything. The only thing you can do is die a couple of times to figure out if there are any items you might want and what is the shortest route to take. Once you know, just rush there because you can't do anything else. Very cheap and it pisses me off. Especially around chapter 4 it's starting to get ridiculous that you have to die 5 times just to pass a area because of cheap level design.

It really hurts the game because the story is great, controls are good (apart from everything being dead slow), game looks great and all but the some enemy encouters just piss me off.

I'm at chapter 4 now, really like the game. Kinda gives me a Max Payne feeling. However, I think some of the battles are very cheap. Alan is about as fast as 90 year old. Running is slow and you are tired very fast, changing weapons takes so long that there is more than enough time to actually think about it, think some more, than wonder if something is going to happen, and than finally you changed your weapon just to get cut down by 3 enemies all dealing double damage and now way to do anything about it because you get hit from 3 sides and doding really only works with enemies coming from one side. It's just stupid that some parts of the game require you to run around in the dark with no weapons with more than 5 enemies. You really can't do anything. The only thing you can do is die a couple of times to figure out if there are any items you might want and what is the shortest route to take. Once you know, just rush there because you can't do anything else. Very cheap and it pisses me off. Especially around chapter 4 it's starting to get ridiculous that you have to die 5 times just to pass a area because of cheap level design.

It really hurts the game because the story is great, controls are good (apart from everything being dead slow), game looks great and all but the some enemy encouters just piss me off.

Isn't the guy some kind of an author or something? Maybe that is the reason they made him deliberately slow in the game. I wouldn't expect an author to rock out and M16 and mow down some baddied :D

Free camera was added today! It's a pretty big world they have built

There's some graphical corruptions occuring from what I've tested though

I've yet to download it (sitting on my gift inventory along with LA Noire). By the time I get around to it, it will be a proper PC game!

Seriously wtf, the new patch adds free cam so you can just roam the scenery freely, but it requires pad to work, no luck with kboard+mouse

What is American Nightmare, a separate game, an expansion to the first title? And is it worth buying? I enjoyed the first one, but if this other title is very combat-centric with the same gameplay mechanics I doubt it would hold my interest.

It's a stand-alone title for $15. Haven't played it myself, but it does seem more focused on combat (more variety at least), so it might not be up your alley. There's even a mode that's a bit of a throwback to Max Payne 2's Dead Man Walking (survival against waves of enemies).

There should be reviews of the XBLA release around. Don't know what sites you trust though. :p I still heard good things about it, so... *shrug*

Gets released a week after Diablo 3, so I doubt I'd have spare gaming time for it anyways. Might grab it during a Steam sale later this year.

It was at least yesterday on 10% discount for everyone, 25% for those that own Alan Wake on Steam

Yeah I bought both yesterday on Steam, played all the way thru Episode 3 in one sitting. I forgot how damn cool the ambience was in this game!

Just bought the game on gog where you get it for 15€ for a couple more days.
The only XBox exclusive I ever wanted to play, gonna see if it holds up to my expectations

Back