Battlefield 3 announced

Does recon ever get capability for a mortar strike, or has this class been completely neutered compared to BC2?

That's a SPM of 315, some way of your average of 336.

Btw, D3fik has a SPM of over 400.. bigup!
icon14.gif

edit: curse your ninja-edit! :p

Wow i did not notice i was doing so well :p
I think i was just lucky with the servers.
BTW Bigtabs you are already rank 33:oops: Really impressive ranking up! And i am still rank 22 :cry:

Hmm I think i should register with TOG, they seem to have many nice players amidst their ranks

Unlocks are fine with me as long as they don't completely screw up the game balance. BFBC2 did it just about perfect. BF3 takes it a little too far for my taste buy I'll get over it.

I'v been complaining/whining about that pages back, and interestingly haven't come across a review that mentions it ;).

If i'd bothered doing a review that alone with me is an instant -2 points. So an 8 out of 10 would be the best possible score (theoreticly).

I hate that we have to unlock crap on games now.

I'v been complaining/whining about that pages back, and interestingly haven't come across a review that mentions it ;).

If i'd bothered doing a review that alone with me is an instant -2 points. So an 8 out of 10 would be the best possible score (theoreticly).

Yeah I don't disagree with you, but as you said it's sorta the norm now. It's a pretty minor wart on an otherwise excellent game too.

Did anyone actually like Battlefield 2?

Unlocks are fine IMO, although there are some unlocks which seem to take forever to get to (first 10 kills to get the 12x scope on the SV98 were a pain) and some which will probably make it much easier (straight pull bolt on the SV98), but it is good to have something to work for to try to encourage you to try more of the game.

Loved BF2. Spent probably half my time on unranked servers there and expect to do the same with BF3.

I think unranked servers are going to be where it's at in BF3 for the best in team play, just like it was in BF2. Even playing field for everyone so people are focused on how best to win the game, rather than gunning for their next unlock or stats whoring. Not that I mind a bit of stats whoring myself, but sometimes you just want the pure gameplay experience without the ego-massaging collect-a-thon.

Unlocks are fine IMO, although there are some unlocks which seem to take forever to get to (first 10 kills to get the 12x scope on the SV98 were a pain) and some which will probably make it much easier (straight pull bolt on the SV98), but it is good to have something to work for to try to encourage you to try more of the game.

If you need unlocks to encourage you to play the game then the game is shit. They should make fun games instead of trying to entice the player to "work." I already have plenty of work.

Sorry I should just not comment anymore I will try to restrain myself.

If you need unlocks to encourage you to play the game then the game is shit. They should make fun games instead of trying to entice the player to "work." I already have plenty of work.

Sorry I should just not comment anymore I will try to restrain myself.

It's not Work, it's reward, and Battlefield games have been doing it for 6 years now. A lot of other games have done it before that.

On one hand I'd love it if all the unlocks were available day one, so my team (particularly my squad) would pick a kit based on what the team needed rather than getting a new toy. On the other, it is a nice way of gradually introducing elements to what is possibly the most complex arcade shooter there is.

If you took the unlocks out of the game and everyone played with only what you had at the start, it would still be a very exciting and addictive game. Don't let the unlock system fool you into thinking that it's making up for less than stellar gameplay. It's an addition.

Did anyone actually like Battlefield 2?

Loved Bf1942
Loved Bf2 on inf servers.
Planes ruins the experience.
Bf3 as far is much better and improved but also are so noob adapted you dont need much skill to kill people anymore.

I just play with friends as finding a server that works for gameplay is rare.

waiting for my 7950.
I need 2 new cards.

I have a very strong opinion *against* unlocks.
I bought the game, let me enjoy it as I wish, don't water down my gameplay by arbitrarily restricting weapons/equipment selection, that's only ok with single players games when they introduce new mecanism, in MP, you should get everything right away.

Make it optional or something, no reason to help experienced players (know the game, know the maps...) with even more bonus (better options), it's STUPID and LAME.

(Of course your opinion may vary :p)

I agree about MP unlocks to an extent. I think BF requires a bit too much grinding to get the next "reward". I prefer the way COD MW2 handled "rewards". It seemed like you were never very far from the next one, and the reward music was just awesome.

Back