Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - looks astounding!!!

I shall wait to see the content. 14 minutes of awesomeness may be too short. 10 seconds of garbage is too long, unless it's so bad that everyone had to watch it in slow-mo. :runaway:

As long as they're good and they're spaced apart, then I'm ok with it. I can't stand cutscene - 2 minutes of gameplay - to another cutscene etc., even if it's short.

Based on those builds, the lightening flashes seem to be absent on the 360 demo.

Question: do you have to play the other Castlevania games to understand the story? I haven't played any of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
No unfortunately, this game is almost completely unrelated to the other castlevania games. It doesn't even have Count Vlad Tepes Dracula III in it.

No unfortunately, this game is almost completely unrelated to the other castlevania games. It doesn't even have Count Vlad Tepes Dracula III in it.

That's good because no such Count ever existed, and breaking away from that may lead to a bit more originality than Stoker's misinterpretation of the region.

What's soft-sync?

When v-sync is turned off every time the game cannot sustain 30fps, developers do this to keep the game at a high framerate (27-28-29, etc) instead of leaving the v-sync on and letting the game go down to 20fps to keep the screen in sync with the TV, the other solution is triple buffering but this uses more memory.

I hope that grandmaster can put a Face Off together as soon as possible...I will def buy this game, just have to decide which version I get:
typically for such type of game I prefer the DualShock, but I want to see how the PS3 version can keep the pace with the Xbox360 version before I finally decide!

I hope that grandmaster can put a Face Off together as soon as possible...I will def buy this game, just have to decide which version I get:
typically for such type of game I prefer the DualShock, but I want to see how the PS3 version can keep the pace with the Xbox360 version before I finally decide!
The PS3 version will probably be better due to the fact that the PS3 was lead development platform IIRC.

Back