[360, PS3] Crysis 2

no its just a joke, i really hope this time ps3 version will be best out there .

Did anybody really expect that at this point, 5 years into the generation? It (almost) never happens.

I trust IGN about as far as I can throw them for graphical impressions though. Those are the guys who did multiple writeups and videos on why PS3 ME2 was vastly superior visually, which it turned out to be not at all...they have also implied that X360 cant do 3D in other articles, etc.

Hmm... I thought it's confirmed to be 1024x720 already by MazingerDude ? I remember Cevat's original interview mentioned that the PS3 version has capacity to handle more stuff. But that may not mean they won't run into other bottlenecks.

If they are out of time, I prefer them to delay the PS3 version. There are too many games/shooters this year anyway. It's worse to release a buggy or messy game. Next year won't be so crowded, but then again, they may need more resources for their 360 game next year. ^_^

They are developing a 360 exclusive game as well. Perhaps they have spent more time refining the 360 version as part of the game development. PC didn't even get enough attention (DX11 path is late ?). 3D implementation for 360 was also late for the last MP demo. Given these challenges, I guess PS3, being the hardest to implement, may suffer also.

Well, do recall Crysis 2 was originally targeted for Fall 2010. They're spending time on something. Everything is late.

Delaying the PS3 version would probably be sales suicide. Look at how poorly ME2 PS3 sold.

It is sort of amazing how close to the end they seem to be pushing it. I would have thought with three weeks to go the game is already being put into boxes somewhere. I know that typically movies are into distribution at least 7-10 days prior to street date. Which means they have to be coming off some assembly line days before that...maybe games cut it closer.

Hmm... I thought it's confirmed to be 1024x720 already by MazingerDude ?

There's still some question about that. http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1529302&postcount=2318

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... I thought it's confirmed to be 1024x720 already by MazingerDude ? I remember Cevat's original interview mentioned that the PS3 version has capacity to handle more stuff. But that may not mean they won't run into other bottlenecks.

If they are out of time, I prefer them to delay the PS3 version. There are too many games/shooters this year anyway. It's worse to release a buggy or messy game. Next year won't be so crowded, but then again, they may need more resources for their 360 game next year. ^_^

Yes, but in a video interview, a Crytek developer said 1152x720p on console, without specific difference on the ps3, at least from what I have seen in the cryengine 3 topic in technical forum.

Well, do recall Crysis 2 was originally targeted for Fall 2010. They're spending time on something. Everything is late.

Developers always spend time on something.
The problem comes when they spend time on the wrong thing, or too many things. ^_^

Delaying the PS3 version would probably be sales suicide. Look at how poorly ME2 PS3 sold.

It is sort of amazing how close to the end they seem to be pushing it. I would have thought with three weeks to go the game is already being put into boxes somewhere. I know that typically movies are into distribution at least 7-10 days prior to street date. Which means they have to be coming off some assembly line days before that...maybe games cut it closer.

How bad did ME2 do ? It debuted #7 in UK.

More people would get the 360 and PC Crysis. Their cross platform engine business may suffer more. It depends on what's more important to them.

Developers always spend time on something.
The problem comes when they spend time on the wrong thing, or too many things. ^_^
I concur. I really prefer the first footage of cryengine 3 when was showed in the native 720p without deferred rendering on both console, than what I have seen on 360, last time. A big disappointment.

Yes, but in a video interview, a Crytek developer said 1152x720p on console, without specific difference on the ps3, at least from what I have seen in the cryengine 3 topic in technical forum.

Well, it's not uncommon to skip details/technicality during interview. MazingerDude has good track record, and the devs didn't clarify (They did acknowledge the "fake" 3D implementation on 360 quickly). Does the engine support multiple resolutions if necessary ? The linked video also mentioned that the PS3 has more cores to run stuff (like physics).

If they delay the game, they can make time to integrate Move. :p
[size=-2]Yeah I know $$$ doesn't work that way.[/size]

Did anybody really expect that at this point, 5 years into the generation? It (almost) never happens.

I trust IGN about as far as I can throw them for graphical impressions though. Those are the guys who did multiple writeups and videos on why PS3 ME2 was vastly superior visually, which it turned out to be not at all...they have also implied that X360 cant do 3D in other articles, etc.

well tbh everytime i hear someone saying that they put a lot of effort to make game X look better on ps3 and the r using this and that to do super cool things, and will looks absolutely fantastic and so on and then no media, screens, movies nada you can expect those kind of things.
Just quick check at almost all multiplatform titles compared on DF and pre realse pr talk.
And crytek didnt had any experience with consoles before now realsing game on both platforms may be just to much to handle for them.

The lastest interview from the dev shows that they are having problems with the ps3 version. Statements like "its almost up to par with the 360 version" says enough.
How is that statement showing that they have problems? It just means the 360 is more suited to run the engine.

They said that they needed to get Sony engineers in to get the PS3 build up to scratch. After all the comments about how "we at Crytek find PS3 development easy", i'd say it's a clear sign that they ran into problems.

Yeah you could say that maybe the 360 is more suited to their engine, but that's irrelevant to the question of what they were able to do on the PS3 platform.

Sony devs had to go in and help the mighty tech Gods Crytek... i think that speaks volumes:LOL:

Actually didn't they say they got people from SONY to add to work force/implement solutions.

Like how most PS3 exclusives actually take help and use of other devs and their work.

How is that statement showing that they have problems? It just means the 360 is more suited to run the engine.

Yes and time ago said the exactly opposite :???: I mean, before something of ps3 version was leaked, they have declared continually how identical & even how much more can do with the ps3 hardware. Now we have discoverd it isn't exactly true & the statement suddenly change... I never understood those behaviour... just said the true & no one expected so much (even 360 in my opinion isn't nothing so more compared Reach...) I'll be waiting the demo, to reserve my opinion but I can't to deny my sadness with the final results on the console, from what I have seen... I really hope to be me too much prevented.

Yes and time ago said the exactly opposite :???: I mean, before something of ps3 version was leaked, they have declared continually how identical & even how much more can do with the ps3 hardware. Now we have discoverd it isn't exactly true & the statement suddenly change... I never understood those behaviour... just said the true & no one expected so much (even 360 in my opinion isn't nothing so more compared Reach...) I'll be waiting the demo, to reserve my opinion but I can't to deny my sadness with the final results on the console...

They find new ways to tap the hardware making the "power" balance change. I remember Ghost Buster devs saying first 360 held back PS3 in development to later say the reverse.

They said that they needed to get Sony engineers in to get the PS3 build up to scratch. After all the comments about how "we at Crytek find PS3 development easy", i'd say it's a clear sign that they ran into problems.

Yeah you could say that maybe the 360 is more suited to their engine, but that's irrelevant to the question of what they were able to do on the PS3 platform.

Sony devs had to go in and help the mighty tech Gods Crytek... i think that speaks volumes:LOL:

just beacouse they make most visually impresive games on PC dosent mean they have all the answers when it comes to consoles nor experience in developing for x360/ps3.

Just a little disappointed. I am also disappointed in the low player count for multiplayer(seems to be the trend lately). For a game thats suppose to be open environments it seems small. It's going to come down the reviews on the game. Might purchase on 360 but then I got to renew Live :(.

I ain't the slightest surprised about the PS3 version, after them only showing the 360 version I expected it to be like this

I originally intended to get this for PC, but I won't do so until they have added support for DX10+(ok, I don't buy games for the graphics, but I think they should release the "whole package" at once)

Actually didn't they say they got people from SONY to add to work force/implement solutions.

Like how most PS3 exclusives actually take help and use of other devs and their work.

Why would Crytek get people from Sony to add to their workforce? Do you mean that they hired ex-Sony guys?

That's not what the guy said.

It was pretty clear, he said that they had to get the Sony devs in to work on the PS3 build. The same way other devs like the team that worked on Bayonetta needed Sony ninja's help when their codebase was a mess.

Contrary to popular belief, just because Crytek are competent PC devs doesn't automatically make them console development God's. That was really the poetic irony i was highlighting ;-)

Eitherway i'm quite sure that the PS3 version of C2 won't nearly be as bad as Bayonetta PS3, so i'm quite happy to wait till launch day with my money in my hand for the PS3 version.

Regardless of possible poor IQ and minor framerate hitches, i'm just keen to play the SP game and experience the story & gameplay. After the slideshow that was Crysis one on my PC, i'd much rather go for a 24fps 1024 x 720 PS3 port than a 10fps slugfest on my computer.

C2 isn't important enough for me to upgrade my rig (the Witcher 2 might be tho ;))

Back