[360, PS3] Crysis 2

hopefully it's still early build

Crysis 2 isn't finished yet. This build could be a few weeks to a few months old, and optimization is often rapid and pronounced toward the end of a game's development period. That said, my time with the PS3 version was sandwiched between the multiplayer demo on PC which, despite its own issues, understandably smokes its console cousins, and a re-released multiplayer demo on the Xbox 360, which I spent some more time with last night. My previous complaints about that version's iffy controller response have been mostly addressed, and visually, it's clearly outperforming the PS3 version. Everything is clearer and sharper, and the framerate is solid. Most importantly, it just feels better than its PS3 counterpart from a play perspective.

then there is this....

Visually, the game ran flawlessly, but I couldn't help thinking that some of the textures were a little dull for some reason. It might have been the TVs, because I noticed the text on the menu screens had a little ghosting going on too, so that could explain it. Don't get me wrong. The game is a stunner, but it was just something I noticed.

At this stage I think the game should be delayed on all platforms, people are not content about the graphics pretty much from all sides and with good reasons. Crytek should finish the DX11 render on PC and ship it on launch, sort out the PS3 version at least better than the state it is now and finally polish the hell out of it. If they actually care about licensing Cryengine 3.0 for cross platform that is.

Jeez this quote really worried me :???: ' Everything is clearer and sharper on 360 , and the framerate is solid. Most importantly, it just feels better than its PS3 counterpart from a play perspective.'
Seems a pretty confirm of the crappy 1024x720p :cry: . I hope Crytek not screw the ps3 version with this choice, I have good time when was native 720p, but my terrible presage on the ps3 continues, especially consider every video leaked it isn't never showed in a clear resolution.

Jeez this quote really worried me :???: ' Everything is clearer and sharper on 360 , and the framerate is solid. Most importantly, it just feels better than its PS3 counterpart from a play perspective.'
Seems a pretty confirm of the crappy 1024x720p :cry: . I hope Crytek not screw the ps3 version with this choice, I have good time when was native 720p, but my terrible presage on the ps3 continues, especially consider every video leaked it isn't never showed in a clear resolution.

The lastest interview from the dev shows that they are having problems with the ps3 version. Statements like "its almost up to par with the 360 version" says enough.

They are developing a 360 exclusive game as well. Perhaps they have spent more time refining the 360 version as part of the game development. PC didn't even get enough attention (DX11 path is late ?). 3D implementation for 360 was also late for the last MP demo. Given these challenges, I guess PS3, being the hardest to implement, may suffer also.

The lastest interview from the dev shows that they are having problems with the ps3 version. Statements like "its almost up to par with the 360 version" says enough.

Wow :cry: we have passed from 'no compromise on ps3', 'something more on ps3', 'indistiguish', to show terrible video compressed, pixel count 1024x720p & 'almost up to par' so rapidaly :cry: . I just reserved to see the final build, but I really hate when developer change the statement follow the internet biases :???:

Wow :cry: we have passed from 'no compromise on ps3', 'something more on ps3', 'indistiguish', to show terrible video compressed, pixel count 1024x720p & 'almost up to par' so rapidaly :cry: . I just reserved to see the final build, but I really hate when developer change the statement follow the internet biases :???:

What internet biases ? If the DX11 rumor is true, the PC version may not get enough attention also. May be they bit off more than they could chew within the given timeframe. It may be not be easy to fit these advanced tech into one console, let alone two.

What internet biases ? If the DX11 rumor is true, the PC version may not get enough attention also. May be they bit off more than they could chew within the given timeframe. It may be not be easy to fit these advanced tech into one console, let alone two.

I'm only talking about ps3 version.

Back