PixelJunk Shooter *

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
GT have a first look at this 2D (as ever) fluid-dynamic retro-puzzley-shooter arcade game.

[gt]48613[/gt]

Gameplay

[gt]48622[/gt]

Looks like another classic PJ creation, this one leaning more heavily on the style of Eden than the conventional styles of PJR and PJM.

There's a contest going on to recommend a name. My suggestion was PixelJunk Habitats and a (stolen) name from GAF that I really liked, PixelJunk Echoes.

I think ShadowRunner made it already, we can rest a case. Videos look very interesting, PJ small-sized super-quality game.

Do either of those describe what the game is? :???:

Well, kind of. It's more subtle, kind of how "Eden" had to do with gardens.

I've noticed that each area looks like a unique habitat, so to speak, with unique enemies, etc.

Echoes just sounds really neat (and the game has caves, etc).

Well, kind of. It's more subtle, kind of how "Eden" had to do with gardens.

I've noticed that each area looks like a unique habitat, so to speak, with unique enemies, etc.

Echoes just sounds really neat (and the game has caves, etc).

Ah OK. I think PixelJunk Magma or something simple like that would be good. I've submitted my own (some more complicated with many meanings :D)

PixelJunk: Thrust. ;)
Have always loved a good cavern flying games, so there really doesn't seem to be good reason not to buy this.

I went back to play PJ Monster. Was a big mistake. Wife and I got hooked trying to complete "Medium #2 (Smile)" over the weekend. How to survive Wave 19 ?

I went back to play PJ Monster. Was a big mistake. Wife and I got hooked trying to complete "Medium #2 (Smile)" over the weekend. How to survive Wave 19 ?

If you have two fire towers at the very top-left of the map (one red, one yellow, or two red) then it won't be much of a problem at all :)

Ah, we were still using the basic weaponry. :oops:

My initial experiment with the advanced weapons (e.g., Tesla Tower) was a total failure. Had 2 of them on another map and those things just sat there. The monsters passed them like a road sign and headed straight to my baby land octopus (whatever those things are).

I'll try Fire Tower as instructed. Thanks for the tips.

No problem, feel free to ask me anything, I've aced every level in Single Player, Co-op is a breeze in comparison :)

Where did you ^$&#^&#*( find time to play so many games ? :devilish: I have to chisel them bit by bit.

How do I get a Tesla Tower to start ? Do they work automatically or only against certain kind of creatures ? I built them specifically for the small chaps with shield. But they do nothing at all. What is its range ?

The Telsa towers are okay, but not that great. The chaps w/shields are actually extremely weak against fire, they'll get taken down by it really quickly.

My fav towers are the fire and the hive. hive is godly when you get it upgraded to black.

tha_con, how do I get the rainbows to proceed to other sections ?

Rainbows are attained by getting a "perfect". Basically, keep all the enemies away from your village, they can't kill a single person. If they do, you don't get a rainbow. It took me AGES to get a Rainbow in each and every stage.

It's best to go through all the special stages before you attempt to start getting rainbows, as the special abilities they unlock can greatly help you (sprint and bomb).

Ha ha, I almost got one this morning (Only lost one baby octopus).

Once you figure out how to play a level, you can keep repeating the same strategy to get the rainbow right ? Or must the rainbow be done on a different level each time ?

EDIT: I received 2 rainbows today. ^_^

About the special stages, how do I get Sprint and Bomb ?

Back