[PC] Max Payne 3

Found the press release. It mentions Rockstar Vancouver (Bully). I wonder how they'll deal with the alternate ending to MP2.

This is another one for my must have list. I love the Max Payne games. Just hope it keeps the unique film noir atmosphere and doesn't just become some generic console third person shooter.

Also hope its not released too close to Alan Wake. I want both games but not right on top of each other.

Thanks. Hm, I don't know about Rockstar Vancouver ... Will there be multiplayer? Not that I really care, though. All I want from a Max Payne game is an engaging story line, awesome gun play in realistic and good looking (for what they are) locations.

Yeah, they should keep the noir aspect. It is very identifiably Max Payne.

Thanks. Hm, I don't know about Rockstar Vancouver ... Will there be multiplayer? Not that I really care, though. All I want from a Max Payne game is an engaging story line, awesome gun play in realistic and good looking (for what they are) locations.

Based on "Xbox Live" logo, there will be multiplayer (sadly)

I was wondering what Rockstar Vancouver was up to -- Bully was one of the best games Rockstar made last-gen. I'd have preferred Remedy, of course, but I think they can do a good job of it. I just hope that it's not a typical Rockstar sandbox game (this from someone who seems to buy every single sandbox game).

I wonder how they will evolve the gameplay though. Running around with bullet time again would be... nothing spectacular. That said... I wouldn't be surprised if there was an element of sandbox...mmm... not sure how I feel about that. What was Bully like?

I just hope we have good mod support and crazy-good textures in keeping with the previous games' high points.

Based on "Xbox Live" logo, there will be multiplayer (sadly)

There's more to Xbox Live than multiplayer... The Live logo is an indication that the game is "Live aware" i.e. it can receive updates and add-ons. See Dead Space or Ninja Gaiden II, amongst other single player-only games...

I wonder how they will evolve the gameplay though. Running around with bullet time again would be... nothing spectacular. That said... I wouldn't be surprised if there was an element of sandbox...mmm... not sure how I feel about that. What was Bully like?

It was a sandbox game, on GTA:SA's engine. Just a lot of nice mission variety, a cute story, an actually interesting main character, combat that didn't make you want to die (it was actually fun, though not deep), the works. So yeah, based on that their strength is in open worlds (which is true of pretty much all Rockstar -- hell, the sequel to Red Dead Revolver, which is totally not an open world game, will be open world).

I just don't see this working
maxpayne.jpg

Wow... this was completely unexpected. I'm not sure how I feel though about remedy not being involved - I just hope RS doesn't mess this up.

WEll, to be honest, MP has a rubber face. He's freaking Johnny Knoxville in the first game.

His face in the first game is hilarious. It looks like he's constipated or something.

MP2 is one of the greatest action games ever. I'm sure they could do some insane physics and destruction now. But, is remedy not involved? I'm skeptical if not.

Wait a second ... that press release says Winter 2009 ... isn't that now, or already past? http://ir.take2games.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=372139

I can't view the rockstar link at work.

Same. The style of the picture and the talk about a 'new direction' is making me nervous in that regard.

Yes me too. I love max payne, its probably up there on my list of favorite games. I even replayed mp1 not too long ago and if you just cranck up the AA its still perfectly playable (though you better not use a high sense mouse...).

But the way they make it sound maybe its too much. They shouldnt try to force the MP style. I just hope they dont screw up, the Max Payne movie already was enough hurting (VG companies should make a policy out of it like Valve of not selling their games for movie remakes unless somebody actually comes up with a good script. A monkey could have done better than they did with the Max Payne movie).

It was a sandbox game, on GTA:SA's engine. Just a lot of nice mission variety, a cute story, an actually interesting main character, combat that didn't make you want to die (it was actually fun, though not deep), the works. So yeah, based on that their strength is in open worlds (which is true of pretty much all Rockstar -- hell, the sequel to Red Dead Revolver, which is totally not an open world game, will be open world).

Oh please god no! No sandbox! If they do that I'll go Max Payne on R*'s ass. Sandbox is nice if you are making GTA. Sandbox is about the single most terrible thing you can come up with when you want to do a story based game. I dont want to walk around, I dont want to do other stuff. I want to play the story and the story can only be really good if the developer makes me do/see things at certain times.

A good example of how sandbox screws up something that could have been a awsome game is FarCry2. FC1 was awsome (i'd say at the time I even preffered it over hl2), FC2 sucked ass so much I trew it away after 2 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back