Futuremark's Peacemaker benchmark

For what it's worth: Vista 64, C2D 2.2Ghz, 3GB.

Would be nice to get a little more detail on which tests the browsers had more difficulty with, etc. Thanks for the heads-up.

It's basically a Javascript engine benchmark. I got 605 with my i7 920@3.2 in Firefox 3.0.7, XP32

It's also single threaded, it peaks at 12.5% CPU.

I scored 193 with IE. The browsers by popularity chart is obviously unreliable though. Something tells me IE is not the least popular browser in use today!

578 - Firefox 3.0.7, Vista64, Q6600 @ 3.4Ghz, 8GB

Someone with a beta of FF 3.1 or 3.5 or whatever they are gonna call it should run this.

Edit: Got 617 in a second run.

pjbliverpool: it is obviously sorted by score.

357941011.jpg

Vista 32-bit, 2GB, Core2Quad Q6600, Geforce 8600GT

On Firefox 3.0.7 my machine in the sig is giving 598 points. My CPU usage was 30% highest. And it looks like all 4 of my cores were being used...though the 1st 2 cores were higher than the other two. IE7 on the same machine gives up a measly 276 points. God IE7 sucks lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
...Despite the gulf in scores between the browsers, I typically use about three browsers (either depending on my location or some other reason) and I don't find quite that huge a difference in 'browsing experience' or 'speed'. If we could benchmark interfaces and little differences in features, then you'd get a different set of results from different people. :LOL:

...Despite the gulf in scores between the browsers, I typically use about three browsers (either depending on my location or some other reason) and I don't find quite that huge a difference in 'browsing experience' or 'speed'. If we could benchmark interfaces and little differences in features, then you'd get a different set of results from different people. :LOL:

Yeah I see what you are saying. TBH I fail to see what this score in this benchmark implies really in terms of the browsing experience. I use FF almost exclusively instead of anything else simply beacuse of the adblock and flashblock plugins.

It's basically a Javascript engine benchmark. I got 605 with my i7 920@3.2 in Firefox 3.0.7, XP32
886 with my i7 920@3.2 in Portable Firefox 3.1b2, XP32

Just in case anyone want to try the 3.1 betas of Firefox without installing anything, go to portableapps.com. ATM only beta2 is there, but I bet beta3 will come tomorrow or at least over the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity I tried Safari last night to see how much "faster" it would feel over IE. The result was zero. If anything it actually seemed a little slower but that may have been my imagination due to how it loaded up the common sites window (which is pretty cool btw).

I have to say I do like the way it handles favorates and history but other than that I couldn't see any advantages over IE7. I definatly prefer tabbing in IE7.

Back