[360, PS3] BF:BC2 and BF 1943 online

Last night started off quite frustrating playing engineer for the first time. I was attempting to use the M1-Garand from finally getting my Veteran status working. However, the gun was very disappointing for me. I wasn't killing anything.

Eventually I gave up on it and started using the SCAR-L that I had unlocked. Then things started getting a bit more fun. At the same time I started using the rocket launcher a bit more.

By the end of the night I was able to RPG 7 choppers with my best kill being at the begining of the island map. Had a 5 man chopper coming to attack MCOM A and I fired off my RPG with the explosive bonus damage. I killed everyone and got the defending MCOM bonus. It was the single biggest points total I've had in the game so far. It was something in the 500-600 range just for that sequence.

I have to say, successfully shooting down a chopper with a RPG is my most satisfying part of the game so far. Even surpassing, deflib on snipers. Overall, I'd say Eng is my weakest class. The guns, so far, have not gel'd with me with like they did on Medic and Spec but I still plan to play this class only until I unlock everything.

Absolutely love this game.

I find it really difficult to hit the choppers with rockets, unless they're tagged with a tracer. I just find it too difficult to lead the choppers properly if they're moving with speed. If they're flying straight at you, it's not so bad. I'm also not a huge fan of the engineer guns so far. I unlocked a few I haven't tried yet. When I get home I'll check my perks, because I'm not sure I have one that causes extra explosive damage. I'm using one that gives me twice as many explosives, I think, but I'm not sure what else.

I just follow them until they make a mistake and wait. There's no science to it but a few things can help you.

Wait until the chopper is closer to you. I see people firing rockets when the chopper is a far away. You have no chance. The calculation need to aim and compensate for distance/speed/drop is almost impossible.

Watch for their flight pattern. They'll often come to a hover at various points. Nail em then. If the pilot if flying fast, don't bother. Then again he's of no thread as the gunners have no chance when they're flying fast. Unless he's making delivery runs.

Right now I'm just trying to get my 5 kill with each pistol. Not easy as some of the pistols are quite shit.

It's easier to shoot down helis after you get the carl gustav launcher which is tracer-guided and it's much easier once you get the AT4 which is laser guided so you can just point and shoot.
Yeah, I've played a lot of assault, and I tend to always carry the grenades. I've been thinking of switching over to smoke, but I get so many fun kills blasting buildings.
yeah normal grenades are good at peppering the enemies on defense. The most useful map for smoke grenades though is valpariso because it always seems like the m-com station is completely exposed on all sides after a couple minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't finished the SP part but decided to jump into MP for kicks. So far I'm having a good time. The first 20 minutes were a bit confusing as the maps are way larger than MW2's and the gameplay is very different, but I'm liking it a lot.

Started as an engineer and have unlocked a couple of weapons and the AT mines. The latter are a lot fun when put in the right place. Got quite a few kills with them so far.

I was so used to the kill feedback from KZ2 and MW2 that first few kills felt very weird. It also took me a while to figure out the aim mechanics. Also having the melee attack in a different button lead to some funny moments as well.

Rush and conquest is what I've tried so far. The vehicles and destructive environments really add to the gameplay.

Things I like about the game:

Big maps and intense online battles.
The humor in the SP part, including the MW2 references:
DICE's version of the killcam
The game loads the next level while you see your stats, very nice.
Squad and team play
TSL logo in the laptop shaped trophy. Brought some memories from the Amiga days.

The only bad thing so far:

I'm getting disconnected at least once every hour, and it gets annoying. Hopefully EA/DICE will fix that soon.

I might give my copy of MW2 away ;)

it's much easier once you get the AT4 which is laser guided so you can just point and shoot.

How exactly do you use that thing? I've tried it, and it has been a pain in the ass so far. The targeting reticle moves all over the place and I never hit the helicopter. I've had better luck with the "dumb" rockets.

Is there anyway to quit to the menu screen between matches, when it's loading the next map and showing you your stats and unlocks and everything?
How exactly do you use that thing? I've tried it, and it has been a pain in the ass so far. The targeting reticle moves all over the place and I never hit the helicopter. I've had better luck with the "dumb" rockets.
It has to be very gentle movements. It essentially works the same as the stationary AT turrets. Since it makes pretty wide turns, it's best to shoot it when the helicopter is moving towards you or away from you to give it little chance to dodge.

Why people keep "attacking" when they are "Defenders" :)? Sometimes I see more enemies than teammates in our base.

Anyway, I'm bored of this game too. Don't blame me, blame Warhawk & KZ2.

I think it's because a lot of people like to snipe, so the defenders venture out to get some easy kills.

That said, I just unlocked all the weapons in the Recon class. M95 finally!

How is the M95? One shot kills to the chest?

Can't really tell yet, other than it's not quite as accurate as the M24. But I've only just started using it. I've got a few one-body-shot kills, but I'm not sure if the enemies had full health. The main thing I want to try is shooting helicopter pilots. :D

Wow just Wow !!
I pop in the game disc after 5 days only to be greeted by a Rank reset ? Oh COME ON !!!

I can see all my kills,dog tags & weapons & gadgets unlocked in the stats/weapons section of main menu, but I lost all my pins & I am level zero and I can't use any weapons either in game. Does this means playing all the way up the ladder once again ? Meh !

Wow just Wow !!
I pop in the game disc after 5 days only to be greeted by a Rank reset ? Oh COME ON !!!

I can see all my kills,dog tags & weapons & gadgets unlocked in the stats/weapons section of main menu, but I lost all my pins & I am level zero and I can't use any weapons either in game. Does this means playing all the way up the ladder once again ? Meh !

try exiting and re-logging into game/EA or restart machine

After having spent quite a few hours on it, I can honestly say this is the most fun I've had in a shooter since my CS/BF2 days.

Back