[360, PS3] BF:BC2 and BF 1943 online

While BF has always been about conquest, I find myself liking "rush" a lot more. Rush mode concentrates the battles by putting a boundry around the active play area. Conquest opens the whole map up and I just don't think 12 vs 12 is enough for that. You still get action but you can actually shy away from it. Conquest worked great in BF2 because you could get 32 vs 32 so there was always action no matter where you went. In contrast, I would not want 32 vs 32 playing rush mode.

They tried to shorten up a maps a bit to make 12 vs 12 good for conquest but Rush mode just seems perfect for 12 on 12.

I just did the Veteran thing on EA's site. It's show BF2 and Bad Company 1 for me but my Vet status is at 1?

Yeah, I show Heroes and BF2 and it shows vet status of 1. I think they're saying 1 game is non-vet (0) and every game beyond that adds +1.

We played a really devestating high-ranked squad yesterday, after you left. Most of the guys were getting near the rank cap 20+. Some were using weapons I'd never seen. They were highly organized, and a real challenge to play against. They made pretty easy work of most of our team. We had some spirited fights where we killed them in hordes, but they always managed to overwhelm us and take the objectives. This game is going to get insane when the general community gets more experienced.

While BF has always been about conquest, I find myself liking "rush" a lot more. Rush mode concentrates the battles by putting a boundry around the active play area. Conquest opens the whole map up and I just don't think 12 vs 12 is enough for that. You still get action but you can actually shy away from it. Conquest worked great in BF2 because you could get 32 vs 32 so there was always action no matter where you went. In contrast, I would not want 32 vs 32 playing rush mode.

They tried to shorten up a maps a bit to make 12 vs 12 good for conquest but Rush mode just seems perfect for 12 on 12.

I totally agree with this. I was skeptical about Rush at first, but it seems ideal for the consoles. Furious action is never that far away.

Found the perfect role for a recon player. SPOT for your team, rain down mortar strikes to attack/defend MCOM stations. And just general communication by having a clear vision of the battlefield from an elevated position.
I like playing as Recon, but I find I don't score as many points as the other classes. But getting a "Destruction 2.0" is pretty satisying. :D

I like playing as Recon, but I find I don't score as many points as the other classes. But getting a "Destruction 2.0" is pretty satisying. :D

It really depends if you can get alot of marksman medals then points come in pretty fast. Tried experimenting with a SVU and 4x scope to be more like a medium to long range player then a long range player alone. Cant wait to try this playstyle with the VSS its almost does 50% more damage if the damage spreadsheet is right.;)

having a teammate playing as a Recon is cool if they are RECON... spotting enemies, positioning themselves forward and hidden for respawns, plinking skulls when enemy tries to disarm, raining mortars on objective, pistolling attackers, deploying sensor balls, C4ing tanks... etc... lookig at your points per minute, looks like you are pretty damned active. :)

Snipers off in the distance? they are wasting my air. :devilish:

My copy arrived today and I'm currently playing the SP campaign. The story doesn't seem to be so different from MW2's and, on that topic,
right after you survive the storm and get into the helicopter there's a piece of dialog that references seding guys with heartbeat sensors. Were they poking fun at MW2 or am I reading too much into it?

So far the gameplay feels solid and a lot of fun, although it took me 3 tries
to defend the satellite
, but the difficulty settings seem to be well balanced. The graphics are very good (PS3 version here) and sound is on the same level.

I like the switch from driving to combat, keeps the action going without becoming too repetitive.

As soon as I'm done with SP I will jump into MP. I have high expectations for this one.

@Tap In
You should play with me, Scott, and Robert sometime. This game is on another level with a kickass squad or two.

Regarding Recon, yeah my main problem is that I'm a charger. It's hard for me to sit back and be patient. Although, I think I'm close to unlocking the spotter scope, which I've heard makes it much easier to spot enemies. Overall, I really like sniping with the M24. I don't care for the other snipers, mainly because the crosshairs suck ass. I'd like to get my hands on the M95, but that's pretty far away points wise.

@Tap In
You should play with me, Scott, and Robert sometime. This game is on another level with a kickass squad or two.

I know... but that's if you guys don't mind I am mostly mute when I play as the kids are usually asleep and I would wake up the whole house, not to mention I have headphones on so I can hear you but talking is not easy. :smile:

I have done pretty well as a lone wolf who tags along with a squad and just tries to do all the right things with them to help win. when I get in a decent squad it's pretty fun.. can't imagine if we actually had a verbal plan. :LOL:

No worries. I'll do most of the talking (aka bitching). :D

Our games usually go like this: Robert and Scott pwn everyone while I run around laying AT mines. Robert yells when the teamwork isn't tight. Scott yells when his tank has no gunner. And I just yell randomly whenever I get killed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tap In, just take orders. It is always great having a player who listens and NEVER talks back :p

No worries. I'll do most of the talking (aka bitching). :D

I can vouch for that :p

Missing playing with you guys :( Although Castaway and BRiT and his friends Xarthna, Meatdog, and Extropy are fun to play with. Hopefully with Reach we can get all the crew together + Alstrong, Unknown Statusman, jokerman, Timber and AzBat.

Maybe we should do a B3D tag?
Maybe Navster would join us then! Hopefully DeepBlue will return as well

I tried to join you in MW2 last night, but I couldn't. I guess MW2 doesn't allow drop ins?

Yeah, it would be cool to play with NavNuc and Timberwolf. We could use some actual military tactics training.

Wish I had the game to play with you guys.Im hoping to pick up the game in the next weeks.I was pretty darn good in the beta...Glad all of you are having a blast with the mp..its a kickass game

OMG! The 12x scope upgrade for Recon is awesome. Enemy domes look as big as watermellons! Soooo satisfying! The downside is now I have more of the enemy team coming after me. :devilish:

Before, I couldn't find a niche for the assault class but last night I played as attackers on Rush and saw how useful it could be. The buildings with m-com stations always get made into swiss cheese which makes it really hard to defend after arming the charge but if you shoot off some smoke grenades around it, you can force the enemy to have to come up close to kill you. I'm a little surprised I've never seen anybody else use smoke grenades online now. It makes it like ten times easier for the attackers when you don't have to worry about snipers.

Before, I couldn't find a niche for the assault class but last night I played as attackers on Rush and saw how useful it could be. The buildings with m-com stations always get made into swiss cheese which makes it really hard to defend after arming the charge but if you shoot off some smoke grenades around it, you can force the enemy to have to come up close to kill you. I'm a little surprised I've never seen anybody else use smoke grenades online now. It makes it like ten times easier for the attackers when you don't have to worry about snipers.

Yeah, I've played a lot of assault, and I tend to always carry the grenades. I've been thinking of switching over to smoke, but I get so many fun kills blasting buildings.

Back