Movie Reviews 2.0

^ I also noticed that. And fast action shots looks like they are cut a little bit too early. Sometimes, I found myself trying to see what's going on.

Hmm. Strange. Skin tones of all the other characters seemed pretty normal (my TV is reasonably well calibrated) but Olga looked as though she had fallen asleep on a sunbed, or in a spray-on tanning salon, for that matter!

Hmm. Strange. Skin tones of all the other characters seemed pretty normal (my TV is reasonably well calibrated) but Olga looked as though she had fallen asleep on a sunbed, or in a spray-on tanning salon, for that matter!

A can of bronzer a day keeps the doctor away?

Slumdog Millionaire - 8.5/10 very entertaining
Knowing - 6.5/10 for the ending. story seems very retarded at first but it all makes sense toward the finish. still not very good though
Ong Bak 2 - 8/10 if you're into fighting movies. 3/10 if you're not. First was better

I watched Gran Torino this week. Loved it. The racial comments made me laugh my ass off and the overall story is very good I think. Its quite some time ago I felt like I really enjoyed myself after watching a movie. Defenitly worth watching.

UP: 10/10. Amazing movie and easily Pixar's best work yet. The pacing was fantastic and it was much more emotional then I ever expected it to be. Extremely well done.

Wolverine: 1/10. Fuck you Fox. Give the Marvel license back to Marvel.

Star Trek: 9/10. A really well put together movie. You don't have to be a trekkie by any stretch to appreciate this movie. It's just good.

Well said about Woverine. It was disappointing to say the least.

I do want to see Up it looks quite awesome.

Olga did look very orange in the movie. I enjoyed the movie but I had to watch it twice before I started liking it a bit more.

Heh? I actually liked Wolverine, it was certainly better than all the previous x-men stuff put together. 7/10 here.

The Wrestler: 5/10. Rourke's performace was great but the movie just didn't do it for me. I didn't care for the characters or their struggles.

The Hangover: 9/10. This was amazingly funny. I remember watching the previews going "hmmmmmn" but it's the kind of movie that would be hard to preview properly. The movie itself has great pacing and variety while being quite funny is all situations.

Gran Torino: 8/10. Clint Eastwood is down right amazing in this. Single handidly carries the movie. The rest of the cast is poor and the story is predictable but his acting is top notch.

I liked Wolverine too, certainly more than T4 anyway. Star Trek was okay, but a little underwhelming IMO.

Finally, a good movie this summer. The Hangover - 9.5/10, funniest god damn movie I've seen in a theater this decade, if not longer. I laughed until I cried, and then kept on laughing even through the credits.

Transformers 2: 7/10. Enjoyed the great action sequences. The story was a complete "wtf???" The 2 new characters, roommate + decepticon chick sucked bad. But I got what I wanted out of it. Robot wars!

Public Enemies: 5/10. Very long. Dragged on in unnecessary parts. Bale's character had no development. Depp and Bale were both good but just weren't given much good to play with. Not something I care to watch again. The action scenes were really well done though.

I know it's from last year, but I watched Guy Ritchie's latest, "RockNRolla" on DVD last night.

I'm feeling in a generous mood today so I'll give it 2/10.

A cast of dozens of actors with incomprehensible and entirely unexplained nicknames move from scene to scene with no apparent rhyme or reason then suddenly, a lot of 'bad' gangsters are killed. The End.

I'd say the plot was full of holes but that would give the impression the film actually had a plot in the first place!

I wouldn't normally bother to comment but I want to know WTF people on IMDB who voted this steaming pile of ordure up a score of 7.4/10 were thinking? It was even worse than Ritchie's other recent mockney drivel from first to last and I'm astounded that so many decent actors were willing to appear in this film. After a couple of decent films to start his career (Lock, Stock & Snatch), Ritchie has removed any pretense about his writing and directorial abilities and has also apparently abandoned the idea of any sort of coherent plot or dialogue.

A couple of friends watched the film with me and frankly, we were all in disbelief about how poor it was. A couple of others I've finally got around to watching recently:

Slumdog Millionaire: 9/10. Very good - I enjoyed it much more than expected.
Gran Torino: 7.5/10. Also good but only Clint could have carried off that role as the film was a bit "by the numbers" and it was pretty easy to guess what would happen next.

Speaking of Clint, I watched Space Cowboys the other day. Quite entertaining, amusing and distracting. Stupid plot, but nice to a bunch of old duffers getting together and having fun making a movie. Would be happy to get the DVD free with my cornflakes again.

Ice Age 3 - 5/10

Had some good moments, but over all cute and somewhat bland. The Scrat sequences aren't nearly as funny as previous movies in the series.

Entertaining if you have nothing else to watch, but wouldn't rate more than a rental...

Regards,
SB

Ice Age 3 - 5/10

Had some good moments, but over all cute and somewhat bland. The Scrat sequences aren't nearly as funny as previous movies in the series.

Entertaining if you have nothing else to watch, but wouldn't rate more than a rental...

Regards,
SB

I have a free ticket to this. Would just need to buy one more for the gf. Still not sure it's worth it :(

Heh? I actually liked Wolverine, it was certainly better than all the previous x-men stuff put together. 7/10 here.

I liked Wolverine too, certainly more than T4 anyway. Star Trek was okay, but a little underwhelming IMO.

My biggest irk was they could have done better. And also NO BLOOD!!!! Here is Deadpool killing some Ethiopian or whatever bad guys at the beginning by running them through with his sword and no blood lol.

Action was good. Gambit was a bit useless. Ugh...and that helicopter flying scene thing was stupid.

Back