Lost season 5

Haha, that already was messed up enough in Season 4. Dont expect anything consistent regarding that subject, certainly not in TV-Series.

I assume they use the lame "everything they do in the past accidentally leads to the exact future they experienced anyway" form of time travel?

There was kind of time travel with Desmond before, but this is like everybody is traveling randomly through time. They seem to be taking the, "You can't change the past" approach. Everything is destined or fated to be a certain way, I guess. So if you go back in time you won't be able to change anything because that is what happened and that is what was destined to happen? Does that make sense? Anyway, Desmond, for whatever reason, is able to move through time and the rules do not apply to him.

I hate time travel in tv shows because there are always logical issues. Hopefully they can keep it together.

The official kiss of death was stretching a show on several series when you only had enough plot for 3.

All tv shows should follow the Ricky Gervais format of twelve one-hour episodes and a special to wrap it up.

Well Gervais wasn't the first Brit comic to try that format, it does have something of a pedigree in British sitcom.

But anyway either side of the Atlantic it does seem a depressingly common occurrence, that shows outlive their natural lives sustained by TV channel execs whose motto is "Nobody Got Fired For Buying More Of The Same".

Well Gervais wasn't the first Brit comic to try that format, it does have something of a pedigree in British sitcom.

But anyway either side of the Atlantic it does seem a depressingly common occurrence, that shows outlive their natural lives sustained by TV channel execs whose motto is "Nobody Got Fired For Buying More Of The Same".

That's true. Fawlty Towers was great. Extras was one of the funniest shows I've ever seen and I'm waiting for it to be butchered by a US remake.

Back on topic, I still enjoy Lost, but it definitely should have been shorter. There's usually something good in each episode, but you could probably put two episodes into one and the show would be better for it.

Pretty much. If a show is still drawing millions of viewers and making money then the producers will usually try to drag it out as long as possible. In cases like Seinfeld it can be the actors themselves that decide to move on.

Back