Super Bowl: Steelers Cardinals

Sxotty

Legend
Just finished watching the Steelers beat the ravens for the 3rd time this season. Glad to see they could pull it off.

Too bad about injuries on both sides.

I was rooting for the Eagles so we could have a PA super bowl, but the cardinals will do :)

Wow, didnt even realize that it was that far into the season. Time flies. I guess I'll root for whoever is the underdog.

Same here. I'm not invested in either team dramatically and would have loved to see the Eagles make it.

I think the NFL thought for this year we'll find the two worst teams in the league and put them in the Super Bowl. That will draw a crowd.

I think the NFL thought for this year we'll find the two worst teams in the league and put them in the Super Bowl. That will draw a crowd.

Yeah because these two teams didn't beat the "better" teams... Sports are about who you beat in the moment. It doesn't matter if you have a better ranked defense, the greatest quarterback ever, a tremendous running game, whatever, if you can't put it together when it's on the line then what does it all matter?

Yeah because these two teams didn't beat the "better" teams... Sports are about who you beat in the moment. It doesn't matter if you have a better ranked defense, the greatest quarterback ever, a tremendous running game, whatever, if you can't put it together when it's on the line then what does it all matter?

Agreed. While things like stats are good for big sports buffs ho like to pick over every player on the team...when it comes to the playoffs and the best team doesn't hack it compared to a team with worse stats that just shows the worse off team worked their ass off to beat the better team.

Yeah no where did I say Cardinals and Steelers shouldn't be in the Super Bowl, it'll just be a Super Bowl of bad teams. This one will be remembered for the commercials.

Uh, of bad teams? Again, where does that come from? What makes those two teams bad? It seems like an especially laughable comment considering that the Steelers schedule was widely regarded as the most difficult in the league. Why does Arizona seem like a bad team when they beat Carolina strongly, beat Atlanta out right, and stuck it out vs The Eagles? I just don't see your point. The wonderful thing about is a playoff is that it means the two best teams are always in the most important game.

Uh, of bad teams? Again, where does that come from? What makes those two teams bad? It seems like an especially laughable comment considering that the Steelers schedule was widely regarded as the most difficult in the league. Why does Arizona seem like a bad team when they beat Carolina strongly, beat Atlanta out right, and stuck it out vs The Eagles? I just don't see your point. The wonderful thing about is a playoff is that it means the two best teams are always in the most important game.

A 9-7 team who only made it to the playoffs because their conference is down right terrible (ie: if they were in any other conference, they wouldn't have made the playoffs) is not a legitimate team. They peaked at the right time and thus they made it to the Super Bowl. I don't deny that they are entitled to play in the Super Bowl, but don't feed me bullshit that, for the Super Bowl, the Cardinals aren't a sub par team.

As for the Steelers I personally hate them (and Big Ben) but acknowledge they are a Super Bowl caliber team. My negative rhetoric toward them was an inside joke, but I did not expect you to understand that nor do I hold it against you for being upset about the comment.

I'll take the blame for not making my previous two posts appear "sarcastic" enough. They were meant to, in a light hearted way, convey my frustration on how boring I believe this Super Bowl will be. But alas I forgot the golden rule, the internetz is srs bsness. :p

As for the Steelers I personally hate them (and Big Ben) but acknowledge they are a Super Bowl caliber team. My negative rhetoric toward them was an inside joke, but I did not expect you to understand that nor do I hold it against you for being upset about the comment.

I'll take the blame for not making my previous two posts appear "sarcastic" enough. They were meant to, in a light hearted way, convey my frustration on how boring I believe this Super Bowl will be. But alas I forgot the golden rule, the internetz is srs bsness. :p

Well I take it you are rooting for the Cards then. Personally I always liked the Steelers so I am happy they are in. I hope you are right about the cards though then the Steelers can win :). You never know btw the Cards offense did seem pretty good, their defense was just poor through the season. It will be interesting to see what happens. If the Steelers D plays at their best I think the ending is a forgone conclusion, but nothing says they will. It won't be freezing and there will not be legions of Steelers fans cheering them on. There will be some rich people who could get tickets cheering tepidly for whatever side they think will win.

He only hates the Steelers because I love the Steelers. Plus, he roots for the Giants. What kind of a dope would root for Eli Manning? Come on.

(Troy Polamalu: still a dreamboat)

He only hates the Steelers because I love the Steelers. Plus, he roots for the Giants. What kind of a dope would root for Eli Manning? Come on.

(Troy Polamalu: still a dreamboat)

Eli Manning is a nancy boy. It's sad he gets as much credit as he does.

Eli Manning is a nancy boy. It's sad he gets as much credit as he does.

Yes he was only a Super Bowl MVP against a team who was previously undefeated. Clearly he should be replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes he was only a Super Bowl MVP against a team who was previously undefeated. Clearly he should be replaced.
Big deal. I much prefer Super Bowl MVPs who play wide receiver and break guys' jaws when blocking for somebody else on offense.

Well the honest truth is to get MVP as a receiver, running back etc you have to play better than QB. QB is the default MVP unless they do a terrible job, or other position does superb.

Never said he should be replaced, just that he's not as good as the hype around him. Look at the numbers, it's clear as day.

Also he's a nancy boy. Zero charisma.

Hype? Eli's never been hyped except the brief period of this early season when Peyton was doing poorly. Otherwise I can only recall negative press on Eli minus last years Super Bowl. He's not going to break records, but hey neither is that guy playing for Pittsburgh. You simply need someone capable in the spot, someone who the team can come around, sometimes the QB doesn't have to be the centerpiece, as crazy as that idea is in the modern NFL.

That was a good game.

You know I was driving to work today looking at the multi billion dollar stadium the gaints and jets are building and I thought.... shit if there is ever a jets vs giants super bowl it would not be played here. In fact we spent hundreds of millions as jersey tax payers for teams that don't bare our state in their names and for a domeless stadium.

oh well.

Back