2009 platform CONSOLE exclusives!

Rangers

Legend
Well, simple topic, I'm not entirely up on the exclusive games for each platform in 09. Havent thought about it much. Personally Im only interested in PS360, but you can throw Wii in if you must.

For 360 off the top of my head I got:

Halo ODST
Halo Wars
Ninja Blade (this IS coming to US right?)
Alan Wake?

Right off the bat I dont see a "holiday tentpole" for 360, so thats yet to be revealed imo (I've heard rumors it's Perfect Dark Zero 2, could even be Gears 3). The tentpole could be Halo ODST, but I really dont think it will be as that's likely a budget priced game/expansion pack. I also think I've heard rumors of Forza 3 and possibly Killer Instinct 2. Am I forgetting some exclusive/timed exclusive JRPG's also?

For PS3 off the top of my head:
KZ2
Heavy Rain
GoW3?
Uncharted 2

The 360 and the PS3 are bound to have some games I'll want to play in 2009 but it's the Wii that I'm hoping gets some good games that I'm interested in.

I'm looking forward to Wii Resort (will likely be the top selling game of 2009 btw) with 1:1 motion controls. Hoping for a Mario Galaxy sequel. I hope the motion controls in Punch Out work out well as the Wii sports boxing game is the worst of the bunch. Not sure what else I'd want on the Wii? I don't care for Zelda games.

The 360 and the PS3 are bound to have some games I'll want to play in 2009 but it's the Wii that I'm hoping gets some good games that I'm interested in.

I'm looking forward to Wii Resort (will likely be the top selling game of 2009 btw) with 1:1 motion controls. Hoping for a Mario Galaxy sequel. I hope the motion controls in Punch Out work out well as the Wii sports boxing game is the worst of the bunch. Not sure what else I'd want on the Wii? I don't care for Zelda games.

I sorta doubt we'll see a SMG sequel next year. There's been more rumors about an upcoming Zelda, though. But for the Wii there's actually a few interesting third party offers, like Madworld and NMH2.

Wasn't GT5 hinted at a 2009 release? And what about FFXIII vs.? Is that still exclusive?

Versus is exclusive (so far), but considering that FFXIII will be out in Japan late in 2009, I imagine Vs. will be at least a late 2010 JP title and 2011 US title.

Versus is exclusive (so far), but considering that FFXIII will be out in Japan late in 2009, I imagine Vs. will be at least a late 2010 JP title and 2011 US title.

So we can consider FFXIII a 2009 PS3 exclusive (for Japan) acc. to the thread title ;)

So we can consider FFXIII a 2009 PS3 exclusive (for Japan) acc. to the thread title ;)

Supposedly, yes. FFXIII isn't out in the US in 2009 and MS Japan even said they had no plans on getting FFXIII in that territory. Some people still cling, feverishly, to hopes that it'll be out in Japan day and date with the PS3 version and that somehow that'll make any difference whatsoever.

I would expect gt5 to be released in 2010 based on this interview

As good as Prologue is, what can we expect in the full version of GT 5?
To be honest, I haven't given a lot of thought to GT 5, so I don't have an answer. And it's too early to talk about GT 5 because we still have updates coming out for Prologue.

Is there an ETA on GT 5?
It won't be this year and nothing's scheduled for next. It may be out in 2010, but like I said, we haven't really discussed it yet.

Lots of PS3 exclusives in 2009 ,in addition to games mentioned in the first post ;

EyePet
MAG: Massive Action Game
White Knight Chronicles [ sold 100k on day 1 in JP ]
Ryū ga Gotoku 3 - Yakuza 3
Quantum Theory
L.A. Noire
Wardevil :Uleash the Beat Within
? - not sure of this

Some more that weren't listed earlier:

Star Ocean 4 - February X360 exclusive
Dungeon Hero - Q1 - PC / X360
Velvet Assassin - Q1 - PC / X360
Divinity 2 - Q2 - PC / X360
Champions Online - Q2 - PC / X360
Kingdom Under Fire 2 (platform list has been reduced) PC / X360 / PS3 / Wii
Splinter Cell Conviction - PC / X360
Huxley - PC / X360
Prey 2 - PC / X360 / PS3
Theseis - PC / X360
Venetica - PC / X360
Warhound - probably PC / X360
Two Worlds: Temptation - PC / X360
Dead Island probably PC / X360

Also, it has been leaked that Forza 3 is on the way, but is not known whether it will be in 2009.
I see only one exclusive in that list ... :rolleyes:

I'd probably say PC/XB360 is a XB360 exclusive in terms of console exclusivity. ie. I can't play them on my PS3. If you happen to have a PC rig suitable for them, then that's not an issue, but if you don't, you can't play them - your platform is 'excluded'.

So I'd count those as exclusives, and The Agency too, which I wouldn't be able to play on XB360.

Also, donning mod-hat, this isn't a bragging thread. It's an informative list. There's no need for anyone to get arsy over incorrect or incomplete lists. Just make the corrections to keep everything accurate.

There's a series of SOE games coming. Isn't DC Universe out this year too, as well as Free Realms? Those, along with the Agency will be coming to the PS3 as well as PC.

I'd probably say PC/XB360 is a XB360 exclusive in terms of console exclusivity. ie. I can't play them on my PS3. If you happen to have a PC rig suitable for them, then that's not an issue, but if you don't, you can't play them - your platform is 'excluded'.

So I'd count those as exclusives, and The Agency too, which I wouldn't be able to play on XB360.

Also, donning mod-hat, this isn't a bragging thread. It's an informative list. There's no need for anyone to get arsy over incorrect or incomplete lists. Just make the corrections to keep everything accurate.
Not bragging anything , just writing what i am thinking about exclusivity ... If I can play a game on another platform then I can't call that game as an exclusive ... If they are exclusive I dont know how to call Viva Pinata, Gran Turismo etc. ...

Can we expect a new Dead or Alive on the 360?

I think that one new exclusive Naruto (on both systems) is likely.
I would want to see a good racing game for my my brand new 360 this year.
I hope that MS will ask Rare for a Karting game (my girlfriend would love it).

I wonder if my post is on topic as it's more "expectations" than rumored/not dated games likely to come during 2009.
Maybe a thread could be opened about our dear members overall expectations for 2009 (both software and hardware).

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bragging anything , just writing what i am thinking about exclusivity ... If I can play a game on another platform then I can't call that game as an exclusive ... If they are exclusive I dont know how to call Viva Pinata, Gran Turismo etc. ...

I think Shifty's making it easy by saying that every game that comes out is exclusive regardless of whether it's multi-platform or not. Which makes lists like these pointless...

Back