[PS3] Uncharted 2

Just like KZ2 situation. " Oh god , it is so bad , I can't even play , make the controls like COD4!!!!! " . No. You are the bad one , if you can't play that's your problem. You gonna get used to it or quit playing it.

I don't think standardizing controls on FPS games would be a bad idea. There's no good reason why every time I switch from KZ2 to R2 to $FPS_GAME I need to get used to different controls to do the same things.

I don't think standardizing controls on FPS games would be a bad idea. There's no good reason why every time I switch from KZ2 to R2 to $FPS_GAME I need to get used to different controls to do the same things.

And who's to say which is best? The one the most people are used to? Just give the option to choose your own controls.

I'm on Chapter 20, as with the first game its great fun and the story telling is 2nd to none. The problems of the first game roll over in this game for me though. The puzzles (or lack of) are just simple lock and key stuff and the combat is very familiar to those used to playing gears. The game is also far too linear and leads you by the hand far too much. For a character such as Drake who can perform awesome athletic gymnastics on the most improbable items, its grating that a small wall, spiky fence or even rail cart couplings impede this most athletic of Characters.

In pointing out the problems I had with the game I’d like to point out that baring ODST this is still the best game I have played in 2009. I understand why the puzzles are simple, why brake up the incredible pacing of the game? I understand why the game is linear, why break up the incredible pacing of the game, and I understand why it leads you by the hand, yeah you got it.

This game is by far the closest any game has got in tying a computer game and film which so many developers seem to be aiming for. It leads you in and and before you know it 3 hours has disappeared; when that happens you know you have a fantastic game on your hands. Some of the set peices are just draw (opps meant jaw!) dropping, although a bit more control would be nice and graphically its stunning throughout.

I can’t wait to finish it but I still have this wish that Naughty Dog maybe would lower their graphical level a bit, open the game world up a bit and really go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping that if there is an Uncharted 3 this gen, that they expand on the melee combat so that they can have some extended brawling action, like you'd see in most adventure movies. I think it would help them add variety to the action so they wouldn't have to rely on gunplay all the time. Indiana Jones didn't shoot so many guys. He beat the crap out of most of them.

I wasn't talking about the "control scheme" .

Still don't get why people aren't shooting in the head for a one shot kill. I just tap AK, or line up and then shoot. Boom, headshot - Drake says things like "Ouch, that must've hurt"...such a disregard for human life :(

Whenever I play co-op, my fellow players are shooting and shooting...and I jsut come in and shoot them in the head to nick the kill lol.

And I quite like the challenge of taking down the harder enemies. But not
the blue bullet sponges.

All it tells me is you stole their kills. :p

Seriously, as JardeL highlighted, there are quite a few one-shot weapons in U2 SP. e.g., SAS-12 , Pistolé, Desert Eagle, Dragon sniper rifle,
crossbow
, the grenade launcher and RPG. Most of the time, you don't have to aim for the head. I just switched to the best weapons along the way and moved on. The assault rifles (M4 and FAL) are not too shabby too.

Stats are wrong. They're being fixed.

Ow... I guess that's the curse for having easy to change stats. :devilish:

Players already have the option. Don't you like the way it is , alright don't play then. Or get used to it.

So what? Everybody here knows that they have the choice of buying a game or not to buy it. Even so, they can still complain, discuss and suggest how to make the game even better. Isn't that in everybody's interest? (except for 12 year old fanboys who get emotially hurt if somebody doesn't think something is perfect).

Just like KZ2 situation. " Oh god , it is so bad , I can't even play , make the controls like COD4!!!!! " . No. You are the bad one , if you can't play that's your problem. You gonna get used to it or quit playing it.

It has nothing to do with being good or bad. In KZ2's situation they made a aiming scheme that requires you to to relearn how to aim efficiently in the game. Wheras 99% of the other fps games uses a similar scheme, from which transitions from game to game are smooth, KZ2 ruins your aiming in other games, and other games ruin your aim in KZ2.

GG did give the players an option to choose the "high precision" aiming mode in a patch, which works pretty much exactly like all other shooters. Made gamers happy and it costed them next to nothing in terms of work (hell i could have done it, its just a matter of tweaking some variables).

Just stop trying to standardise games.

Standardise games? Thats not what people want at all.

Regarding to one-shot kills , if you know how to do it there are lots of one-shot kills. SAS-12 , Pistolé, sniper rifle [ even for heavy armored villians , just aim for the head ]. Even standart pistol , if you aim at head.

Huh? People here arent saying that they want one shot kills, they just want more realistic reactions to shots. Getting shot in the chest by a high powered rifle should result in a bigger impact than getting shot by a pistol. In U2 they are the same, the only difference is that an AK shot will drop X% of enemies life and pistol will drop Y%. We want rifle shots to have bigger impact, having enemies taking multiple AK47 rounds to chest and only getting thrown a little bit off balance, (and having the exact same effect when getting shot by handguns) can break the immersion for some people.

Also, people are not retards. They completely understand that headshots kill people in one shot. That is beside the point.

Just wondering, has anyone encountered any game freezes? I had one at the train level during one play through and also at the end of chapter 25 from another session.

The game froze on me once at train level. Otherwise it was smooth sailing.

Huh? People here arent saying that they want one shot kills, they just want more realistic reactions to shots. Getting shot in the chest by a high powered rifle should result in a bigger impact than getting shot by a pistol. In U2 they are the same, the only difference is that an AK shot will drop X% of enemies life and pistol will drop Y%. We want rifle shots to have bigger impact, having enemies taking multiple AK47 rounds to chest and only getting thrown a little bit off balance, (and having the exact same effect when getting shot by handguns) can break the immersion for some people.

Yes! Thank you Ostepop!!

I kind of like what NHL10 did. They have difficulty (rookie, pro, all-star, superstar) that controls how difficult your AI opponent is. They have a separate setting called ... I can't remember ... that controls the realism of the game (casual, default, normal, hardcore). That way you can have a game with a difficult AI opponent and a very casual style of play with assisted passing and hitting, or you can play a sim style game with manual passing and hitting and unforgiving puck control, but have an easier opponent to play against.

Personally, this kind of idea is great, and I'd love to see something like that in Uncharted and other shooters.

This discussion should probably be in another thread though.

I don't necessarily care for realism in games, but don't like bullet sponge enemies either. I would have preferred smarter enemies over bullet sponges. I also feel like I'm getting a lot less flanked in this compared to Uncharted 1. Now they simply have a greater number of enemies that stay at a distance, and have heavily armoured guys that slowly move directly towards you. Everything is a lot more scripted time around, but thankfully it does open up a bit in the second half.

I think regular dudes are fine in U2.
You see gatling gun guys rarely and generally with and RPG or sniper rifle close buy.
Demon Yetis (WTF?)
are cool but I much prefer Spaniards' run and gun gameplay in UDF.
I guess I'm more of a quantity over quality guy. :)

edit:
This is the real spoiler
;)

I don't necessarily care for realism in games, but don't like bullet sponge enemies either. I would have preferred smarter enemies over bullet sponges. I also feel like I'm getting a lot less flanked in this compared to Uncharted 1. Now they simply have a greater number of enemies that stay at a distance, and have heavily armoured guys that slowly move directly towards you. Everything is a lot more scripted time around, but thankfully it does open up a bit in the second half.

I'm absolutely not understanding the bullet sponge complaints.

Nearly every soldier goes down with about four to five pistol rounds on Hard / Crushing. One to the head.

Soldier who wear armor take a lot more shots to take down when you're hitting them with pistols / rifles and you're doing body shots. Even then, you can unload a few rounds to stun them (they fall over) and then rush them with melee.

On Normal, almost all of the enemies are extremely easy to take down with a few rounds, especially if you're hitting the body and / or head.

Maybe I'm playing a different game, but the only enemies I felt were "bullet sponges" were
the boss on the train, the guardians, and the last boss

Edit: homerdog, that's not the point you were trying to get across. You didn't talk about smarter enemies, you talked about damage.

Either way, I already told you how to play the game, since you want something closer to "real life".

i have one complaint with the game that i found annoying, even though i accepted the fact that enemies have a spongeness to them, but i encountered an extreme case which i believe should be fixed

...there was a point where i ran in to some heavies, sneaked my way around them without them noticing and launched an rpg to the back of their head from a short distance and the one i shot continued to attack me...if an rpg can put a big dent in vehicles and tanks but not to the back of someone's skull, helmet or no helmet it shouldnt matter, then there is a problem

Back