Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

FXAA is also available for console? I thought its nvidia cards only, Im surprise that it wasn't in their n control panel yet.
Yes, it's a simple shader that can be easily ported for all the consoles that have programmable shaders and it works also on all DX9 graphics chips (any SM2.0 capable hardware is enough to run it). Recent mobile OpenGL ES chips with pixel shaders should also run it just fine (FXAA2 is pretty fast). Check here for more info: http://timothylottes.blogspot.com/2011/05/fxaa-console-status.html

wow! thanks me that info, wonder how fast the it can perform on NGP, or is it even possible. IMG claim MSAA will be dirt cheap but this looks like this can be cheaper.

From Fumito Ueda's twitter:

あ、ICOとワンダと巨像のHDリマスタですがどちらもMLAA対応です

Oh, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus of both the HD is compatible with a remastered MLAA

What means from remastered? He refers only of remastered with MLAA or a MLAA remastered?

ps3-1.jpg

ps3-2.jpg

PS3 in game footage? I dont believe it. And what game is that and why havent they sowed it at the conference? That looks too good

It might easily be ingame, but might not be running at acceptable framerates yet.
Or maybe it is, hard to tell from two still images ;) Very good looking nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS3 in game footage? I dont believe it. And what game is that and why havent they sowed it at the conference? That looks too good

We did show it in the EA E3 press conference for BF3, in the Frostbite trailer

Those two clips are from the PS3 version, and yes it runs at 30 fps, though very close to the limit :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Repi,great stuff shown.I was in delirium when I saw it :LOL: Anyway,I saw CC twitter mentioning MLAA for PS3...Are you guys going for MLAA on 360 too since its cheap?

whos the lead technology director for the 360 version? i know for ps3 its coffin.

That is not how we work at DICE. Everyone shares the responsibility for the performance and quality across all platforms and everyone works on their parts on all platforms we support.

The line between Frostbite and BF3 / the other DICE game teams is quite blurry as well, so lets just say we have _a lot_ of really talented & very senior devs that share the responsibilities and have been working together for many years now.

Back