Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

Any possible insight regarding the AA solution in the latest KZ3 trailer ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do hope they address that. It's pretty much only on lines, nine times out of ten, so replace power lines from meshes to a seperate draw process and problem solved, and that's even easier in a deferred renderer.

Just downloaded several HQ 720p trailers off PSN and I'm watching them on a native 720p monitor, here's what things look like. I paused the videos on several occations for solid lines with little/no compression and counted pixels and checked aa.

Motorstorm Apocolypse: 720p 2xmsaa
Sky heroes: 720p + blur filter and/ or selective QAA
Start the party: 720p 2xmsaa
The Shoot: 720p no aa
Kung fu rider: can't tell, compression bad, 60fps anyway
The Fight: 720p no aa, 60fps, LOTS of post-processing helps hide jaggies
PES 2011: Possibley sub-hd. 60fps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just downloaded several HQ 720p trailers off PSN and I'm watching them on a native 720p monitor, here's what things look like. I paused the videos on several occations for solid lines with little/no compression and counted pixels and checked aa.

Motorstorm Apocolypse: 720p 2xmsaa
Sky heroes: 720p + blur filter and/ or selective QAA
Start the party: 720p 2xmsaa
The Shoot: 720p no aa
Kung fu rider: can't tell, compression bad, 60fps anyway
The Fight: 720p no aa, 60fps, LOTS of post-processing helps hide jaggies
PES 2011: Possibley sub-hd. 60fps.

It seems more MLAA motorstorm 3 to me.

Any word on Vanquish? There's been footage of both PS3 and 360 versions around, and apparently both were present at the show.

In the day two video of E3 over at Giantbomb, Brad says, that Evolution targets 1080P for 2D, as it means in turn that 3D would run fine too. If that is true... that'd be very interesting indeed, as the game is quite demanding.

Back