Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

Did the first game run at 720p? also did it have AA?

The Crackdown 2 screens look like the first game which is a game I just can't guess the res and the amount of AA..has weird IQ - it was quite clean overall but had some ugly jaggies here and and there, maybe it had a blur effect instead of a proper AA method? Also there is no sign of the first game in the resolution/AA list. :p

More screens here: http://gamersyde.com/news_crackdown_2_image_frenzy-9412_en.html

Thanks my friend.

Hopefully Crackdown 2 also runs at 720p/2xAA with the first game's very good (for what the game does) frame-rate.

Crackdown 2 doesn't seem to have improved on it's predecessor much at all in terms of graphics, explosions, textures, models, all seem pretty similar. The first was one of my favourite games ever so it shouldn't matter too much =] The lighting on the lightposts had some crappy blur effect, maybe they just used low res sprites with crappy alpha blending. I don't see this in the new screens fortunately.

Should be 720p 4xmsaa with the new engine of iD (the same of Rage).

Think it's a bit too early to speculate unless you have a direct quote from them...

Crackdown 2 shots.

A bit too compressed to tell much, unfortunately. Given the issues that can crop up with MSAA & deferred renderers, it's difficult to comment on that. It does otherwise appear to be 720p.

The developers has said that Brink is target to have 4xmsaa on both console (720p I guess is implicit for them however) but I haven't a direct link...

Yeah, I remember that too. And we know that there are some people on the team that could pull it off. ;)

Crackdown 2 doesn't seem to have improved on it's predecessor much at all in terms of graphics, explosions, textures, models, all seem pretty similar. The first was one of my favourite games ever so it shouldn't matter too much =] The lighting on the lightposts had some crappy blur effect, maybe they just used low res sprites with crappy alpha blending. I don't see this in the new screens fortunately.

Yeah overall the sequel doesn't look that much different though one thing that I like more in the first game is the explosions - more smoke trails and less fire please Ruffian!

assurdum said:
The developers has said that Brink is target to have 4xmsaa on both console (720p I guess is implicit for them however) but I haven't a direct link...

Devs saying they target for 4xMSAA when there is no mention of 720p is reminding me something....well about Brink I'm curious to see how the game will perform and run because ID4 powered games on 360 like Prey and Quake 4 were not performing as expected and Quake Wars was also disappointing but at least QW was not ported to the consoles by Splash Damage.

Hopefully we will see more of the console versions at E3.

That is interesting because the game looks on par with KZ2 imo. 4XAA with such visuals would be quite a feat. Cant say I believe that will happen as few games have sported 4XAA this gen, and most seem to suffer in other areas.

That is interesting because the game looks on par with KZ2 imo. 4XAA with such visuals would be quite a feat. Cant say I believe that will happen as few games have sported 4XAA this gen, and most seem to suffer in other areas.
I would say the feel of Brink seems to be on par with KZ2, but there are plenty of systems missing it from it. There is lower poly count for weapon, etc as well, from what I've seen.

You mean the player's weapon, right? Most of the NPCs and their stuff in KZ2 are actually quite low poly by today's standards.

Back