Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

Quincunx AA on a sub-HD image is a recipe for disaster (cf: Ghostbusters) and seems unlikely bearing in mind that Infinity Ward used 2x MSAA previously.

Quincunx AA on a sub-HD image is a recipe for disaster (cf: Ghostbusters) and seems unlikely bearing in mind that Infinity Ward used 2x MSAA previously.
Not ever however. Prototype is subhd & it did a good use of QAA on the ps3. But yes MW 2 I think use surely the same AA on both hardware .

Kotaku's reporting: 'UPDATE - Oh dear. Seems videogameszone didn't do their homework on the screengrabs, with the site admitting that the PS3 ones were not taken correctly.' with a link to the following.
http://www.videogameszone.de/?menu=0901&s=thread&bid=3060&tid=8309757&x=13

It'd be nice to get confirmation from an actual German-speaker, though.

Die Bilder der PS3 wurden leider falsch gegrabbt, tut uns leid. Am Montag gibt es neue. Dadurch
ändern sich leine Details etc., sondern der verwaschene Eindruck.

Translation: The PS3 screens have unfortunately been grabbed incorrectly, we're sorry. You'll get new ones on Monday. The details etc. won't change, but the washed out look of the screens will.

(assuming leine means keine)

I reckon they didn't use the correct (Full) RGB setting or something similar. I thought so already when I saw the screens the first time.

It's not just the PS3 shots that are rubbish - the 360 ones are far from representative of the actual game.

For example, this frame should actually look like this.

Very much looks like someone using an analogue component grabber with all the settings mucked up...

lens of truth has put out their comparisons but the site is so hammered with fanboys and n4g that its pretty much inaccessible right now.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=16236

@Dr.Nick there are no differences in texture quality, that shot was probably taken before a lod texture was able to be loaded.

Anyways they said that there is an added level of bloom lighting (you can see it in the airport level) on the 360 version and the framerate is more solid on the 360 version. Interestingly this game is vsynced which is incredible for a 60fps game. When i played mw2 i didnt notice a hint of input lag usually associated with vsyncing.

EDIT: heres a good pic to show off the added bloom in the 360 version:
http://www.cynamite.de/_misc/galleries/detail.cfm?pk=2633&fk=129562&opv=gal&page=1&order=&aid=0

This is not a thread for arguing personal opinions on framerate vs resolution, nor the proper thread for framerate analysis.

Interestingly this game is vsynced which is incredible for a 60fps game. When i played mw2 i didnt notice a hint of input lag usually associated with vsyncing.

I'm pretty curios about the lack of the bloom effects in the ps3 version; just how borderlands...is it so expensive? I can't believe...

I'm pretty curios about the bloom effects absence in the ps3 version jut how borderlands...is it so expensive? I can't believe...

Bandwidth might be at least one concern as bloom is sampling/copying the frame. On RSX, one of the two ALUs would be used for this operation

Back