Pirating or store clerk? *pruned from GoW2*

So links to a page where there are scans of a magazines are not allowed here, but some a-hole pirating a console game and coming here to openly discuss about it is?

I think the guy should run to the shadow where he came from.

Personally I can't wait for the official release date, oh wait it seems I can...

MOD EDIT: These posts were moved from the Gears of War 2 thread over at the console games forum.

So links to a page where there are scans of a magazines are not allowed here, but some a-hole pirating a console game and coming here to openly discuss about it is?

Personally I can't wait for the official release date, oh wait it seems I can...

Why do you have to be like that? Grow up.

I didnt say i pirated the game that is your assumtion. Regardless of how i aquired the game i am giving my experience with it to those that want to listen, what is wrong with that? the reason scans are not allowed is because it is copyright theft, impressions on a game are just that, impressions.

Last edited by a moderator:

hahahah I reported him earlier today only to see mods asking him more details about the game. Funny!

Report me for what exactly?

A discussion on piracy had started (that you yourself was involved in) and i shared my knowledge of it thats all is that a crime?

Report me for what exactly?

A discussion on piracy had started (that you yourself was involved in) and i shared my knowledge of it thats all is that a crime?

Can you show a pic of your retail box with your username on a piece of paper with it, ebay style? I'm just going by logic of: pirated version hits the web a few days ago, you have a modded console, your impressesion shortly after the pirated copies hit the web, no reports of early releases at retail (even on a site like neogaf).

If you're legit, I'll be the first to apologize.

Can you show a pic of your retail box with your username on a piece of paper with it, ebay style? I'm just going by logic of: pirated version hits the web a few days ago, you have a modded console, your impressesion shortly after the pirated copies hit the web, no reports of early releases at retail (even on a site like neogaf).

If you're legit, I'll be the first to apologize.

My point is why does it matter where i got the game from or whether or not im a pirate? Why do you care so much either way if itt does not affect you? If i made comments that seemed to indicate i smoked weed or some other frowned upon activity would you get so worked up about that too?

I didnt say i pirated the game that is your assumtion.

Yeah that's convincing :rolleyes: Don't even go there.

Why do you have to be like that? Grow up.

Some of us don't like pirates, I especially don't like stupid ones who come to message board to talk about their crime. I see the situation like this: The people at Epic and in other gamehouses have worked hard to get these titles to us and those people need to eat too and thus deserve a pay from their work. if you don't respect that, then it's you who should grow up.

Maybe you wouldn't buy the game regardless of your pirating opportunities, and in many cases pirating does not equal lost sale, but I don't care. I despise people who eat from other peoples plate while laughing at them with full stomach.

My point is why does it matter where i got the game from or whether or not im a pirate?

Actually, it does matter here on Beyond3D. We have no problem with modded consoles as a technical discussion or even discussions about DRM but piracy is something we have a problem with.

If you aren't able or willing to prove you have bought the game, say you work at a store that received the game a fortnight earlier than the release date, then I'm afraid that I'll have to cut this discussion short, to say the least.

Everyone else get back to discussing GoW2. Please stop discussing whether another member is a pirate or not, whether pirating is justified, or whether a pirated copy equals a lost sale or whatever (we have a special forum for this). The wheels are in motion, the dwarves have retaken the fort, etc. etc.

Actually, it does matter here on Beyond3D. We have no problem with modded consoles as a technical discussion or even discussions about DRM but piracy is something we have a problem with.

If you aren't able or willing to prove you have bought the game, say you work at a store that received the game a fortnight earlier than the release date, then I'm afraid that I'll have to cut this discussion short, to say the least.

Everyone else get back to discussing GoW2. Please stop discussing whether another member is a pirate or not, whether pirating is justified, or whether a pirated copy equals a lost sale or whatever (we have a special forum for this). The wheels are in motion, the dwarves have retaken the fort, etc. etc.

So i am not allowed to discuss Gears 2 until i prove i did not pirate it? My whole point was that i just want to discuss the game, and not what i do in my private life.
I wont post impressions again until release date if that is what you are getting at just let me know.

I didnt say i pirated the game that is your assumtion. Regardless of how i aquired the game i am giving my experience with it to those that want to listen

That's funny - you said you were banned from Live because you have custom firmware - used exclusively for playing pirated games. In the same post, you gave impressions of a game that just leaked, and is not available for legal purchase.

I am banned personally so it is true you *can* get banned, but with the latest custom firmwares they have blocked the checks that MS was using though so it is now much more rare. The newest drives are pretty much unhackable now though, without soldering atleast.

With regards to Gears 2 im realy not too impressed with it so far like i was with the original. I think im just getting sick of shooters to be honest, playing it feels just like more of the same.

Mods, you may delete my post, but I'm quite appalled at the discussion - which mods not only read but actually participated in. Note the double-standard applied to the PC Gaming section on Crysis and Spore's leak.

My point is why does it matter where i got the game from or whether or not im a pirate? Why do you care so much either way if itt does not affect you? If i made comments that seemed to indicate i smoked weed or some other frowned upon activity would you get so worked up about that too?

You're not even denying it, it's obvious you are and everybody knows it.

Mods, you may delete my post, but I'm quite appalled at the discussion - which mods not only read but actually participated in. Note the double-standard applied to the PC Gaming section on Crysis and Spore's leak.

There's no double-standard as far as I could see but this does deserve a clarification. In the post in question where he admits having a modded console and playing the game there's no direct evidence that he is using a pirated copy of the game. Discussion of modded consoles is permitted here, just like (civilized) discussions of DRM in PC games. The reason why he got reported, etc. is that GoW2 recently leaked out, the official release date is 15 days away and admited having the game already.

Why this didn't set off any alarms? Personally, I'm much more into PC games than consoles thus I'm not aware of specific dates or other details. I knew the game had been leaked and I knew the game was supposed to hit the shelves "around this time" but until Dr Evil implied as much and made me check the actual date I had no reason to think otherwise.

I've also asked around and there's no reports of stores breaking the embargo. He could be a store owner/clerk/whatever but, as Robert pointed out, it's a bit too early for stores to even get the game.

I've also asked around and there's no reports of stores breaking the embargo. He could be a store owner/clerk/whatever but, as Robert pointed out, it's a bit too early for stores to even get the game.

Well he clearly is not a store clerk or any such person. Most sites I participate in don't allow people to talk about pirated games. I think you should take a hardline on this, and make a rule that talking about content of a pirated game is not allowed period, I would personally even recommend a short ban for these offenders. On those occasitions they would of course have the chance to prove that the copy is legit.

Just voicing my opinion.

and that guy is still talking about the game...

Back