I finally got a Wii! And my first PS3 game to boot!

Natoma

Veteran
Wii games I've purchased:

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Boom Blox
Okami
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Elebits
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy

Any other suggestions?

PS3 games I've purchased:

Soul Calibur IV

Again, any other suggestions?

p.s.: I'd been using the PS3 solely for Bluray movies since I bought it in March. Picked up SCIV a few days ago.

Is that Wii game list recommeded Wii games ? coz I would like to keep a list handy.

For PS3 games, I think it kinda depends on your preferences. Personally I love:
* MGS4
* Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
* Resistance: FOM
* Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
* Eye of Judgement
(I replayed all of them more than once).

Not a racing fan or 3D flight game fan myself, so GT5:p and Warhawk are not in my shortlist above.
OTOH, MotorStorm is great but you might want to wait for MotorStorm 2.

Other honorable mentions are:
* Hotshot Golf
* MLB 2008
* Folklore
* DMC4

Finally, the PSN games are a worthy bunch. IMHO, they are "all" very unique. Try the demoes and see for yourself. My personal favorites are Everyday Shooter and the PixelJunk series.

I'd suggest playing through what you have now. No sense in building up a huge stockpile of games now when they could be discounted by the time you actually have time to play something new!

Don't overlook the PSN store, whatever you do! There are lots of downloadable demos to try before you buy, and plenty of great games not sold on blu-ray that can only be downloaded from the PSN store. Super Stardust comes to mind (my roomie and I can't get enough of this game, especially the co-op mode). Everyday Shooter and Blast Factor are different takes on the same game type as Super Stardust (you're in a ship of some kind, using the analog sticks to fly around and blast stuff). Pixeljunk Monsters is a lot of fun if you like tower defense games. The Last Guy is a good one too, I can't really explain this one, just try the demo.

If you like racing games, I'd suggest you pickup Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (download or Blu-ray). Dirt and Grid are also lots of fun, although not as realistic as GT5P.

Army of Two is a fun shooter if you enjoy issuing commands for your AI teammate (not as in-depth as something like GRAW, but adds a tactical feel to the game), or better yet, have a friend to play through with in co-op mode. I enjoyed Uncharted and Lost Planet immensely, the former being a "must-buy" for the system, the latter is a great value title @ only $30. GTA4 is fun if you like sandbox games or are a fan of the franchise.

The games patsu mentioned are good choices as well.

I'd love to hear your impressions of Zack and Wiki. I nearly picked up a Wii just for that one alone.

I notice you haven't got RE4, though you may have played than on another platform. Also keep an eye out on De Blob, due out in September. A friend of mine is one of the leads on it, and the initial (unpublished/pre-release) reviews its getting look very positive. General impressions have also been very strong.

I told you in Aim convos before , buy a 360 :)

Resistance was fun , I also played uncharted which was good. You can find both used on ebay for as low as $15 bucks

Natoma, I'd b more easy if you told us what kind of games you like. But I'll try to do some guessing here, anyway. :p Judging from your Wii games list, you seem to prefer action-adventure and jump 'n runs games.

So for PS3, I'd recommend Uncharted (It will look very fine on your Plasma) and Ratchet and Clank. Both are available as demos on the PSN, so you can check, if you like them. If you're into beat 'em ups, you can't pass on Virtua Fighter 5, BTW :D
If you like racers, check out GT Prologue (I imagine that will also look pretty nice on Plasma).

Apart from that, I was wondering which PS3 SKU you own. If you have a BC model, there're quite a few old PS2 titles to check out, if you haven't played them yet. Ico or Shadow of the Colossus might be right down your alley, IMO. Same is true, if you missed out on GC titles. e.g. Zelda: Windwaker, etc.

I have all three consoles and here are my ps3 comments:
best sports game: MLB08 The Show
best overall game: MGS4
best short game: Heavenly sword

Comments on others:
Ratchet and Clank - 9 year old loved it. I never got into it.
Uncharted - great looking, got bored
RFOM - great game and story but ending a bit to cliche in difficulty absurdity

If you like BoomBlox and Elebits etc., I recommend Pixel Junk Monsters off PSN, which can be played coop and is both gentle and taxing. Of course LBP is a no brainer when it comes out ;)

If you like BoomBlox and Elebits etc., I recommend Pixel Junk Monsters off PSN, which can be played coop and is both gentle and taxing. Of course LBP is a no brainer when it comes out ;)

Yeah, there will be new PS3 games over the next 3 months (in no partcular order):
* Bioshock
* LittleBigPlanet
* MotorStorm 2 (Racing)
* Valkyria Chronicles (Turn-based RPG)
* Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (Action RPG)
* Resistance 2 (FPS)
* Mirror's Edge
EDIT:
* Tomb Raider
* Prince of Persia

Bioshock is probably the safest bet since it's a best selling title on 360. I will probably end up buying all of them. Will let you know how it goes.

Apart from that, I was wondering which PS3 SKU you own. If you have a BC model, there're quite a few old PS2 titles to check out, if you haven't played them yet. Ico or Shadow of the Colossus might be right down your alley, IMO. Same is true, if you missed out on GC titles. e.g. Zelda: Windwaker, etc.

This is so true ! Besides my GC all-time favorite "Windwaker", Ikaruga is also a great title -- if you can find it.

You should definitely pick up Motorstorm 2 if you like "action"-racing. Don't bother with Motorstorm 1. It was only good as launch title.

Is that Wii game list recommeded Wii games ? coz I would like to keep a list handy.

For PS3 games, I think it kinda depends on your preferences. Personally I love:
* MGS4
* Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
* Resistance: FOM
* Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
* Eye of Judgement
(I replayed all of them more than once).

Not a racing fan or 3D flight game fan myself, so GT5:p and Warhawk are not in my shortlist above.
OTOH, MotorStorm is great but you might want to wait for MotorStorm 2.

Other honorable mentions are:
* Hotshot Golf
* MLB 2008
* Folklore
* DMC4

Finally, the PSN games are a worthy bunch. IMHO, they are "all" very unique. Try the demoes and see for yourself. My personal favorites are Everyday Shooter and the PixelJunk series.

Ratchet and Clank, good one!

What about racing games in the mold of Wipeout or Extreme G3? I'm a huge racing game whore, but I don't like floaty controls.

Back