[360] Alan Wake - Still awake

Dear people,

We feel we owe you all a small heads up, and our apologies for lack of updates. This is just part of our psychological thriller, is it all real or imagined...
Seriously, yes, we're still here and working hard on getting Alan Wake for you to enjoy. Sure, we've been in development for a long time and if everything had gone perfectly smoothly there probably would be a game out for you guys to play already. But designing a completely new game can be hard, and sometimes you need to take a detour to find the best route forward.

We want to entertain you guys in the best possible way and our team is putting in every effort possible in order for that to happen. That is the way Remedy wants to do things. I'm sure you will enjoy Alan Wake when we're done.

Just follow the light...

http://www.alanwake.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1706

Well, well so Alan Wake is not scrapped after overall and will be gracing our screens 1 day

Wow. I completely forgot all about this game. I wonder what is actually taking so long to get this game out the door?

New to developing a large title. I know they did the max pain titles , however its my understanding that the team on this is a newer team.

Do you have a link? It's somewhat worrying information. Part of the excitement behind Alan Wake is due to Remedy's pedigree.

Nah It's still pretty much the same OLD remedy with their old bad habits of taking bloody forever to finish a game...

Yeah, I know. Max Payne was lumped in with DNF as vaporware before it finally came out, and was, surprisingly, really good.

I may be remembering wrong, but when I first heard about Max Payne 2 it seemed like it was a very short period of time before the product was on the shelves. I was hoping the same would be true for Alan Wake ... guess not.

I may be remembering wrong, but when I first heard about Max Payne 2 it seemed like it was a very short period of time before the product was on the shelves. I was hoping the same would be true for Alan Wake ... guess not.

Yeah Max Payne 2 appeared in time, but the first one took years from the first unveiling, which is one of the reasons I have never lost hope for Alan Wake. I'm sure it will be great.

Being the patient type - esp when devs haven't spoken about the title much themselves - I'm still keen on AW. Intriguing premise for a title, although by launch it may have lost some of it's sheen.

But, as others have said, it's Remedy and I'm optimistic. I won't even think to ask for timescales for release though.

Being the patient type - esp when devs haven't spoken about the title much themselves - I'm still keen on AW. Intriguing premise for a title, although by launch it may have lost some of it's sheen.

But, as others have said, it's Remedy and I'm optimistic. I won't even think to ask for timescales for release though.

I'm a tiny bit skeptical. Part of MP's brilliance is that it was like playing a John Woo movie -- there were some obvious homages there, and the pulp trappings made it great. MP2 was very nearly as good, but I feel they made a few unnecessary mechanics changes (namely the ability to speed up while in bullet-time). Still, the main mechanics held the game together.

Alan Wake is untrodden ground in comparison. There are no open-world horror games... quite the contrary, most are quite constrained. MP's bullet-time mechanics helped improve all of the game's action set-pieces (making the good ones great, and even making the few substandard/unfair ones work), and I'm not sure if there's a unifying mechanic like that in AW.

One of the reasons why their games take a lot of time is that they really have a quite small team.
Their homepage says Remedy has over 30 developers. :D

They do use outsourcing as well, but I do find that number to be quite small for a freeroaming game.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the reasons why their games take a lot of time is that they really have a quite small team.
Their homepage says Remedy has over 30 developers. :D

They do use outsourcing as well, but I do find that number to be quite small for a freeroaming game.

That is ridiculous! 30 people can't make a game like Alan Wake(on time!, given forever, of course, 30 people can).
As for Max Payne(not pain^^), it was one of the games that had got all of us in our college hostel completely hooked.Finishing it once,twice,thrice used to be the topic of discussion during tea times;)! Max Payne 2 felt even better to me(though short)! The dialogues were even better(the voiceover ones"The past is a gaping hole...:p") and that, what was that a circus, no an amusement park, level was so psychotic ! It was great, felt pumped up version of the original.

Max Payne is what is making me wait with eager fingers for Alan Wake, but god only knows when it will come.Give us Max Payne 3 to pass the time :LOL:!

A bit off topic but somehow the look of Max Payne in the 1st game appealed to me a lot more than the look of Max Payne in game 2. Maybe i am weird but didnt the Max Payne versions look totally different?

A bit off topic but somehow the look of Max Payne in the 1st game appealed to me a lot more than the look of Max Payne in game 2. Maybe i am weird but didnt the Max Payne versions look totally different?

I think the first one used photos for textures and the second one they were all artist created. Could be dead wrong though.

Back