Final Fantasy XIII [PS3, X360]

I was reading that on GAF this morning and some speculate a mistranslation...

If it really is over two hours long though: holy moly! :runaway:

Going by the speeds from the PSN thats going to take ages to download but at the same time thats what you call a demo :D

Well Burnout Paradise City is coming to the PSN via download, so...

Anyways I hope the demo disk comes pack with the movie in a Blu-Ray case and comes to America. I hate waiting.

Or Sony and S-E could do something similar and release the ACC bundle in the West. I don't see why it wouldn't benefit them.

GAF translation of 2ch article states that demo will be on separate "ps3 bootable" disc, so it will be no region locking on the demo (hopefully).

Japan & NA bluray movie discs are in same region [r1, europe is r2]

Region locking on bluray movie discs is optional though, so here's hoping they don't region lock it then ;).

Sony has been known to include several language tracks with their demos. I dont think it would be unheard of to believe that the demo may very well support an English track.

Unless of course you know something I dont :cool:
Oh, not at all - it's just that Square have openly said they won't start localisation until after the Japanese game has launched, and the BR is being launched in Japan only *shrug*

Oh, not at all - it's just that Square have openly said they won't start localisation until after the Japanese game has launched, and the BR is being launched in Japan only *shrug*

Good point I wasnt aware that SE was waiting so long to localize the title. Oh well here is to hoping.

gotta get me one of these! always wanted a Blu-ray FFAC anyway. and judging by the sheer length of the demo, im speculating how many Gigs the full game might take, 50G+?
and, currently astounded by the realtime stuffs leaked on the net as we post.

The release is quite a far away though, March 2009 to be exact. I hope they release the demo in all territories as I'm pretty sure the movie is going to be region protected.

I don't think the Jap release of AC will be region protected. It is most probably the highest priced version, what would be the point?

and judging by the sheer length of the demo, im speculating how many Gigs the full game might take, 50G+?

afaik the HD cutscenes that are particularly lengthy consume the most space out of a disc, and without them(or if they were SD) a single layer BD should suffice.

Anyway, march isnt that far away. I mean were getting closer to the holidays and this year went by pretty quick for me, so another 7 months will pass by like nothing.

(Lots of games to keep me busy during the holidays hehe :smile: )

HQ Pics - Final Fantasy XIII & Versus XIII

*Link to copyrighted materials removed*

The worlds smallest violin playing on my shoulders

Last edited by a moderator:
gotta get me one of these! always wanted a Blu-ray FFAC anyway. and judging by the sheer length of the demo, im speculating how many Gigs the full game might take, 50G+?
and, currently astounded by the realtime stuffs leaked on the net as we post.
Can you please provide some links? I haven't seen any of the leaked stuff, just the trailers :(.

In all the excitement, the original translator, and original source of the demo length, forget to add that all important thing, context.

Toriyama hinted that the demo could be of substantial length. While not giving a specific play time, he said, "We'd like to make it something with lots of volume." To this, he added with a laugh, "I think it will be longer than FFVIIAC."

Back