Heavy Rain: New Screenshots and development footage*

Status
Not open for further replies.
got the demo last night.It looks really good. Can't say too much about the gameplay ( since I only played a little bit - it was past 3am and I was very sleepy). except it doesnt really feel like a QTE game

After a few times through the demo I don't understand some of the general control complaints that must have movement on the analog stick. R2 functions mostly like the left stick and the left analog /L1 does the perspective and change of direction. Does the job for something like this. Nothing that requires you having to sit down to wrap your head around what they've done. All in all, just an evolution of what they've done on the Xbox/PC. Masses should be able to handle the controls I think.

I like how water is incorporated and woven into aspects throughout the game whether its for eye candy, story, or the pause screen. A few of the QTEs were surprisingly intense and pretty fun. More fun for me than a take on that style like GoW despite all the fancy camera work fluff in the upcoming game. I'd like all QTEs to be similar at some point. Basically, it looks like they achieved what they set out to do. Nice atmosphere, visuals, and what not. Just performance and VA hurting this even though dialogue is serviceable. A brief loading pause coming up the steps in the apartment. A little curious how it all ends up with the install.

The demo was pretty neat.Mr Shelby story looks like it could be real good.The game looks really good also except for the cars.

Downloading as I type this. I'm on the fence because I'm on a limited budget... it's either this or Bioshock 2 this month.

Gaaahhh !!There's screen tearing in this game :(
Something which I dont expect from a PS3 exclusive these days.

And lots & lots of Low rez textures even on surfaces that are obviously noticeable.....if someone has played the demo then I am talking about the very first part where the PI asks the Receptionist for the person's room number. You can see that the texture on the newspaper & the dollar bill which the PI puts for the receptionist is just too low rezy, obviously noticeable things like these which are close to camera should have good textures....here's me hoping its a very old build :|

Apart from that everything is very good in this game, the self shadowing is extremely high rez & the game looks very clean. [has a tad blur though but its due to the nature of the atmosphere & mainly an art choice I guess]

P.S.[I know I said I would resist playing the demo...but curiosity is a bitch :)]

Checked again & yes you are right :LOL:
P.S.[Weird to see no AO in this game as it'd have helped it a lot, I am pretty sure I noticed something like AO in one of the early non-textured renders of the game]

I had a bug where the prostitute would walk around the room at like 6x faster than normal, she looked crazy!!:LOL:

Heh, I am trying to decide whether I should play the demo. Is it long or short ? Does it spoil the game ? Is it worthwhile to play ?

Its very short & wont be a spoiler as I thought.
But just make sure not to watch the trailer which is shown once you finish the demo...I've heard it contains some spoilers about who the suspect is.

P.S.[Weird to see no AO in this game as it'd have helped it a lot, I am pretty sure I noticed something like AO in one of the early non-textured renders of the game]
I read the game has both SSAO and baked AO, unless the devs took them off from the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back