Titanio

Legend
These have popped up rather unexpectedly in advance of Leipzig..6 shots:

http://www.ripten.com/2008/08/06/new-heavy-rain-images-pour-in/

n9nw3.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/2nkhp4o.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/309okki.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/2zp82t0.jpg

Looking pretty nice! Very keen to see video.

edit 2 - i've rehosted a few of them now..

Last edited by a moderator:
These have popped up rather unexpectedly in advance of Leipzig..6 shots:

http://www.ripten.com/2008/08/06/new-heavy-rain-images-pour-in/

Looking pretty nice! Very keen to see video.

edit 2 - i've rehosted a few of them now..

All images are at the link...id advise just quoting one (I've been told off before :p )

WOW!!

The graphic fidelity of trying to display or convey emotion is uncanny. :oops::oops::oops:

Edit: Nice!!

Reminds me of BigMama Act 3 :D

Definitely. Even if it's only one character, it's like the GT5:p for female models.
Need to see her in-motion to see if I find her scary (or attractive). This might be the dawn of uncanny pr0n games. :LOL:

Incredible! the facial emotion looks natural at least in stills, and the liquid flowing down her face just adds so much to the realism! the stormy sky also looked photorealistic thanks to the strong contrast of lighting and it brings out the layer of space beautifully. i wanna c a fully playable demo at Leipzig!
someone please tell me how many truckloads of polygon went into that female model?!

I can only see Titanio's pic and all I can say is wow!
The female model is amazing! I cannot be sure about the rest (I'm sure that DOF is hidding a lot) but everything, from the face to the jacket on that model look incredible!

edit: I just saw the screen with the bike:oops:

I can only see Titanio's pic and all I can say is wow!
The female model is amazing! I cannot be sure about the rest (I'm sure that DOF is hidding a lot)...
On the point of DOF 'hiding things', I want to suggest an alternative viewpoint. You're creating a game, you know a scene is going to be focussed on the character and the background thrown out of focus for artistic effect...so do you spend ages creating perfect assets knowing they'd never be seen?

I hope DOF is not being considered a trick to hide technical faults. That's not its purpose. The quality of scenery can be discussed in different pictures where DOF isn't applied, so no need to consider it hiding anything.

As for the pics, the characters are very good, as is the mood. Interiors do look computer-generated fake, which is going to make the whole experience very interesting. Have they got past Uncanny Valley? Is it all about the motion, not the rendering style?

Well DOF can be a trick to hide technical faults. But what matters is what the artist wants people to see like you said. I actually don't care as long as the end result is good, and in this case, at least from the screens I can see, it's beautifull.
Right now I'm concerned mostly about gameplay (I hated the quick time sequences from Indigo), 'cause graphically this game looks like it's going to deliver.

Well, The shots of the woman look very good! Especially the eyes are very well done.and I like the dreamy look of the interior environment.
But the lighting seems very "Video game like"..... I mean it is an overcast sky, but the interior shot also shows high poly detail but kinda flat lighting. I really wish they improve upon the lighting, take help or cues from other Sony studios, coz good lighting will improve their character details tenfold.

The last image at ripten, just the closeup of the eyes, shows high lighting detail, must be a render, not realtime. That is what they should strive for. Uncharted kindof sun on these models can rock the world!

EDIT: Adjusted the contrast on my monitor. The lighting is good, my monitor had contrast set to very low. Sorry.Anyways, TVs have higher contrasts and watching the same image on my ps3 will result in deeper blacks and might solve the flatness in the environment. Will take a look when at home on my ps3.

Last edited by a moderator:
They look very impressive. But not being one to get carried away I have to say the character models are head and shoulders (get it?) above the environments.

Can't wait to see it in motion; especially how that fantastic looking lighting model translates.

I am so looking forward to this game, If animation and overall finish is as good as the first video they showed this will be a must have for me. I just hope they don't overdue the aforementioned DoF effects. I hope they get the time they need to make a really kick ass game. A graphical tour de force with good story and NOT named Killzone 2 (does it even have a good story? haven't played any of them) would be so nice right about now.

I wouldn't worry too much about the animation, They did a good job with Fahrenheit and I also read on the developer site that they have a separate motion capture studio. Hopefully this will prove to be as good as it sounds or I'll have to swallow that statement hehe.

So this is the secret BBC game yes ? Perhaps they renamed it.

I can't imagine something beyond the screenshots and inefficient's animation clip (assuming the other animations are also as tight as this) on a console. I really think it's time for Vivid, Playboy and some AI companies to jump in. One character is good enough (See Gran Turismo).

So this is the secret BBC game yes ? Perhaps they renamed it.
We can't discuss that. No-one knows and it'd be pure guesswork. Let's just talk about what we can see here and avoid getting embroiled in a crazy 'secret game' debate ;)

Damn BBC reporter. He should have kept quiet.

Itagaki should go work with Quantic Dream pronto. I can see some good fit there :devilish:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back