• Within couple months

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After thinking it over, you guys are right. $399 for a 5870 is a pretty good price. It's like what 4870 X2 cost, similar or better in performance, with half the Wattage requirement.

Now this is the way to play Dirt 2...

img0637u.jpg

:cool:

"Honey, I shrunk the driver"

Nice read, thanks.

http://www.wsgfmedia.com/generaladmission/videos/Eyefinity-XPlaneDisplay.mp4

In this Eyefinity video there is a noticeable misalignment between the images on the right-side and left-side monitors. What's going on? :-?

It seems you didn't read this nice read thoroughly but that's ok! :)
Each card (single GPU) was responsible for rendering one quadrant of the overall display, and they were actually running separate instances of game to do so. This was not a crossfire setup, and I was told that CF support has not yet been integrated with Eyefinity.

Because you wouldn't have to task switch that often between [insert your favourite game] and your work environment as soon as your employer enters your office? *SCNR*

Not really. My work relies in its nature on heavy multitasking and it would not only help reduce constant minimizing by a lot and have a far better overview at any time over things. When I talk to you online it can blink in the taskbar I don't need it on the desktop at all times :p

I want to get three really kick-ass projectors.

Hey, bugger off...I can dream! ;)

Why few when you can buy THE ONE from JVC

http://gadgets.softpedia.com/news/The-JVC-DLA-RS400-Projector-Outputs-10-Megapixels-5042-01.html

(btw. its RS4000 as text says not as like and title say)
There are three newly forged ultra high definition 4K2K D-ILA devices that provide the DLA-RS4000 to output 10 megapixel imagery with a native resolution of 4,096 x 2,400, which is almost five times the size of Full HD projectors. The series can display a maximum of four screens with Full HD or WUXGA resolution images, simultaneously.

And it's also interesting they already presented SIX high contrast projectors @ CEDIA last week

http://gadgets.softpedia.com/news/N...rt-up-to-70-000-1-Contrast-Ratio-5044-01.html

It's all about sixes in those September announcements :cry: Someone thought that too many nines would make us too happy so they twisted all up?

"Because we support GPU-accelerated physics, our $129 card that’s shipping today is faster than their new RV870 (code name for new AMD chips) that sells for $399." - nVidia

:rolleyes:

"President and CEO of NVIDIA Corp. (NVDA) Jen Hsun Huang sells 260,475 shares of NVDA on 09/11/2009 at an average price of $16.07 a share." (link)

:oops:

"Because we support GPU-accelerated physics, our $129 card that’s shipping today is faster than their new RV870 (code name for new AMD chips) that sells for $399." - nVidia

:rolleyes:

"President and CEO of NVIDIA Corp. (NVDA) Jen Hsun Huang sells 260,475 shares of NVDA on 09/11/2009 at an average price of $16.07 a share." (link)

:oops:

LOL

He has been selling stock the last four months, and to sell his stock as a member of NVDA doesnt he have to ask/tell the SEC six months prier? Sooo what happened six months or so ago...

Back