• Within couple months

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Slightly offtopic, does anyone saved anywhere a site which would compare optimally bump mapping (embm for example), normal map based bump mapping, parallax mapping, displacement mapping and tesselated displacement mapping on the same scenario?
I remember seeing such comparison, I think it was a cobblestone floor type of scene

Thanks, but not quite what I was looking for.
And the Parallax Occlusion Mapping looks plain and simple borked, wtf is that hing coming OUT of monitor boundaries? :oops:

Upcoming Aliens vs Predator is DX11 title and will support at least tesselation from the new DX11 features
Hmm, might have to change my vote in the 'Ati/AMD Radeon 58xx series poll' thread :cool:

That said, I also hope that's just early code since they seem to have only managed to tessellate some flat surfaces into high-poly flat surfaces :???:
They need to get adaptive mode going & apply the bump to displacement of those tessellated triangles, including on the ground.

Holy crap! That's the way to play an FPS. You see everything more like real life, with peripheral vision, instead of like seeing through goggles.

I'm definitely going 3 monitors.
NEC CRV43
42.8" LCD 2880 x 900 @ 0.02ms

No bezels !

image_front1.jpg

$7,999 Estimated Street Price
Available May 2009

LINK

Holy crap! That's the way to play an FPS. You see everything more like real life, with peripheral vision, instead of like seeing through goggles.

I'm definitely going 3 monitors.
Unfortunately that shows the limits of AMD/ATi's hardware/software solution since it is only a 90degree FOV and the roadblock of getting devs to develop a wider FOV for single player mode.

Cause it's all originated with ring bus term nit external memory bus width. R580+/RV570 had 512b ring bus.
Well seeing as how the EXTERNAL bus was 256bit on those cards and AMD/ATi is no longer using a ring bus, we should be using the external bus width for consistency reasons.

Unfortunately that shows the limits of AMD/ATi's hardware/software solution since it is only a 90degree FOV and the roadblock of getting devs to develop a wider FOV for single player mode.
Simply using wider FOV would only work when the screens were on the same plane anyway, if you "curve" them around you'd need separate projections.

Will Eye-finity require that you saturate the native resolutions of each monitor, or can you render something lower res and stretch it across?

I think Juniper is 256bit and Cypress 512bit. I hope im right :D
I think there is almost no chance of this, but who knows?

......now it just may be me, but I have a "cautionary" view of what AMD is bringing us with the 5xxx family. Not from the perspective that I think they will not live up to their hype, I believe they will, and are great designs. But without having anything much beyond sketchy rumours and general specs, do we really know what GT300 is all about? What innovations and surprises does Nvidia have? Is Nvidia really that out of it that they are going to essentially pile on the transistors with little regard for finesse, die size, and smart design?

A general consensus seems to be leaning towards Nvidia following the same path as they have with GT200, big, huge, fast, expensive. I don't know, I would hope Nvidia is going about things smarter this round given the renewed, revitalized ATI division. Or is Nvidia going to just make a bigger sledge hammer and pound away with expanded PhysX mantras, and some new ones?

Geez I wish I could get my employee to grant me 3 monitors for work. I would raise my productivity by a lot :(

Because you wouldn't have to task switch that often between [insert your favourite game] and your work environment as soon as your employer enters your office? *SCNR*

Back