• Within couple months

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And a second question, why the 4850 and the 4770 have the same idle power consumption? Does it have anything to do with the GDDR5 memory modules i said earlier? I mean what if rv740=rv770/2 power consumption but GDDR5=2XGDDR3 power consumption?
They do what now? :???:
RV740 / HD4770 (40nm) - 17.4W
RV770 / HD4850 (55nm) - 40.7W
From xbitlabs

They do what now? :???:
RV740 / HD4770 (40nm) - 17.4W
RV770 / HD4850 (55nm) - 40.7W
From xbitlabs

Quite a few other sites, including ct magazine, hardtec4u and us, have reached different values, more like 30ish watts for 4770. Some really good 4850s have already managed 20ish idle watts in our lab, too.

I can be of some help here :LOL:

Noooo, it should be Dominati!!!

The ATI Italian mafia. :D

Dominate translates into Dominare ;)

Add an all-italian "Il" and from "Il Dominati" to "Illuminati" it's only a small step (phonetically, if i am not mistaken). *SCNR*

"Il" is masculine singular as opposed to "I", that is its plural form. Dominati is plural, so you should have "I Dominati", but it translates into "The Dominated" and i guess you'd like more "The Dominators" so the right translation would be "I Dominatori".

It doesn't phonetically fit much with Illuminati, tho :>

Add an all-italian "Il" and from "Il Dominati" to "Illuminati" it's only a small step (phonetically, if i am not mistaken). *SCNR*

OT

"Il Dominati" doesn't make sense in italian, because "dominati" is plural. You can say "Il Dominato".. which is quite close to "Illuminato" phonetically.
And "dominato/dominati" means to be dominated , not to dominate.
"Il Dominatore"/"I Dominatori" are who dominates.
"Dominati" phonetically is not too far from "Don Minati".. that sounds like a mafia name. :LOL:

End OT

By the way, when we can expect the first leakage of informations?
If the London conference is to be held today, i will expect something for this evening!

What kind of news are we waiting for exactly, today? I know it's that conference/presentation in the UK, but are they going to talk specs/prices, or how great they are going to be with generic slides? Do we get to see some of those slides, with Crysis fps the 5870 vs the 4870 or what?

What kind of news are we waiting for exactly, today? I know it's that conference/presentation in the UK, but are they going to talk specs/prices, or how great they are going to be with generic slides? Do we get to see some of those slides, with Crysis fps the 5870 vs the 4870 or what?

IT's euro editors day, so retail cards instead of their old engineering samples.

Well the NDA only lifts on Sept, 22, so we're hoping for whatever will leak :D

Wait, I thought that the 10 sept event was open, in that whatever they disclosed could be published publicly.

nope, after the press event, there's an "afterparty" where whoever registered can watch, play and enjoy unreleased games on unreleased hardware.

So if you play crysis on those machines, people will have a feel of the perf, right? We just might see some stuff popping out ....

Back