• Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about this:

Juniper - 128bit memory interface
Cypress - 2xJuniper, MCM, 256bit memory interface
Trillian - 3xJuniper, MCM, 384bit memory interface
Hemlock - 2xTrillian | 2xCypress, CF on a board, 2x384bit memory interface.

This would confirm the 384bit rumor...
lol yap yap yap ... well it might be right but still building 3 die MCM what statistic percentage would that have 9% over 25% for 2 die MCM it's pretty unbelievable especially in graphics market and ati is nowhere to kill it self with ridiculous overexhausting testing. They need to sell chips a lots of them and for certainty they wont spend years on testing this ludacris MCM speculations. It's deficit business for god sake.

And AMDs low cost R&D approach in Shanghai/Istanbul might be the same way for developing their GPGPU .... well maybe not for RV870 if it's really just superimposed dx11 chip over old rv770. So the SA2s version holds much better this bucket of cra-p ... one design approach is what ati does for last 3-4 years with their chips.

My Chinese ain't so good, is this a war over "Mission P2MM fans" posting up info here? If so, it's all good if it is relevant info...and methinks it was. :???:

... so dual DVI, DisplayPort, and HDMI from Legitreviews.

directx11_videocard.jpg

Is this legit? A Cypress run on Linux, what are the odds of AMD having Linux drivers already?
No idea if it is legit or just made up, but I think odds are good that AMD has at least internal linux driver builds, since all hardware specific parts are, as far as I know, written as OS-independent parts, so the code is shared between windows and linux platforms.

Hey Dave, are there any chances you could 'convince' ATI to bundle some of them Ruby dolls in with the new uber graphics cards? I would SO have to have one if they did! :)

The back plane of that card mostly corresponds with the ideas that AnarchX and I had earlier, i.e. the DVIs are arranged differently and the exhaust is "half-width", except it's only 1 slot tall.
Which could mean that the very long card that Chiphell showed a picture of could be the same card that AMD had at Quakecon.

Which still leaves open the question, why is the card so long?

The early HD4770s have quite substantial PCBs, with lots of power circuitry on them. What about the newer ones? I'm thinking that the 40nm woes may have made AMD cautious and "oversize" the power circuitry on the board.

Otherwise, well, X2/MCM?

Jawed

Back