Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
el9umh.jpg

GT300 now has only 360 SP's but it has a scheduler the size of Manhattan.

It also has 32x PCI express, and like a 1024bit memory bus but I won't try to count the bits or take measures :LOL:

And here I thought someone would paste together a GT300 die pic of a bunch of GT200 units on a big die with an RV770 pasted in the middle.

Back to the topic, it's nearly mid-August. We should be nearing the time where something more concrete about leaked 3dmarks or a slip of something about the design. The long process of building to launch quantity and sampling can't be hermetically sealed from the outside world.

Exactly!

You guys have done an awesome job analysing and speculating but isn't the darn thing supposed to launch next month?

Shouldn't we have seen some early numbers by now?

Trillian

http://www.semiaccurate.com/2009/08/11/evergreen-has-six-members/

The more likely Trillian board is a multi-monitor card that has been spoken about as far back as Computex. Multiple outs fit into existing leaks quite well, but what chip it is based on is quite another question entirely.
Charlie talks about a "3-GPU" graphics card, but the first thing I thought was that this is a name like Xilleon, so maybe this should be Trilleon. If the top card has 4 chips on it then a card with a special backplane that can drive 8 monitors seems like fun :p

Maybe a 3-slot back plane, hohoho.

Jawed

When that picture first appeared I noticed that the backplane of the board has been "chopped". So perhaps the chop was a deliberate attempt at hiding stuff? I see what you mean about what appears to be a "third" DVI - or at least different positioning of a DVI. Though it's such a crappy picture...

If this board is two chips then I'd expect it to be able to support 4 DVIs. But I have a hard time believing the standard board would come with that configuration...

It might be nothing more than a change in layout on the backplane, the exhaust grille being 2-slots tall but half-slot wide? Then the DVIs stacked one above the other?

Jawed

http://www.semiaccurate.com/2009/08/11/evergreen-has-six-members/

Charlie talks about a "3-GPU" graphics card, but the first thing I thought was that this is a name like Xilleon, so maybe this should be Trilleon. If the top card has 4 chips on it then a card with a special backplane that can drive 8 monitors seems like fun :p

Maybe a 3-slot back plane, hohoho.

Jawed

Now, now... Monitor ports are for the needy, not the greedy!

Btw, is that die shot a few pages back legitimate? It wasn't really discussed much...

I doubt if that shot is legit. As pointed out, the middle is at a different resolution than the rest of the die. And also it's closeness to AMD's phenom die shot was pointed out.

Awesome, we're on the way!!!

Remind me again why that is awesome? I don't know if being a source of some BS "news" is any credit to this forum... Maybe you should ask Rys if he let's you publish one BS news article on the front page every once in a while, if spreading fud is so awesome. I get it's a joke, but still don't see the point of it.

Translating the second paragraph of the first post by cfcnc(previously posted the RV840 and RV870 performance info + the codename for the R800 part):
至于中低端产品,NV这边一直没有什么消息。不过刚刚听到的一则传闻似乎解释了这种状况——G300使用40nm,而G30x会使用更新的TSMC32/28nm制程!这样虽然上市可能会略晚,但是可以确保性能和性价比的极大优势。在DirectX11游戏短期无法面试的情况下,以NV的操盘能力,中低端DX10白菜价打DX11的RV8xx,然后32nm/28nm直接KO,似乎也是不错的办法。欢迎拍转。

"As for the middle and low end products, Nvidia here there is no news. Only a moment ago i heard 1 rumor apparently to explain this state - G300 to use 40nm, but GT30X to upgrade to TSMC 32/28nm process! This to arrive on the market likely to be late, but can guarantee performance, and quality good that is really maximum superior. In DirectX 11 game short term unable to debut under these circumstances, Nvidia to use control of mid to low level market to hold capability at DX10 use Chinese cabbage prices to strike at DX11 RV8xx, after 32/28nm directly knock out, apparently also is correct method, welcome, to clap, to circle about."
So GT30X on 32/28nm, not till the middle of next year, meanwhile Nvidia is planning on attacking with "chinese cabbage price" strategy to maintain control of the mid and low level market. I must be reading the wrong business textbooks, none have "chinese cabbage" in their indexes at all.

Oops think i've posted to the wrong thread again....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back