[PS3] Infamous

patsu

Legend
Short InFamous trailer revealed at Spike TV tonight:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36317.html

Shows lightning bolts, kinetic punches and free roaming. I guess they are going to show more tomorrow.

[gt]36317[/gt]

EDIT: Q&A from IGN: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/889/889368p1.html

Didn't know what the game is about. Now I do.
The destructible game world should be a draw for some.

Nate Fox: A good way to think of it is Cole is developing command of electricity. He's not an intrinsic source of energy, but he's able to manipulate it quite effectively.

IGN: Given that this is essentially a superhero game, does that mean that we're going to see some over-the-top boss battles?

Nate Fox: Enthusiastically YES! We think having incredible villains is core to this genre. …and that's all I can say for now. :)

IGN: How does movement play into the overall mechanics? How easy is it to leap around from wall to rooftop to light post?

Nate Fox: Pre-blast, Cole's passion was urban exploring. He's got excellent climbing and athletic skills; climbing up a face of a building, leaping across rooftops, and jumping from a light post to the elevated train tracks are all things Cole can effortlessly execute. We've worked really hard to try to make the climbing and movements all feel great, and we're excited with where we are.

IGN: How immersive and full is the world? Will you see people going about their business, like you might in Grand Theft Auto?

Nate Fox: We have a team of guys who are working on that specific area! It's not just "going about their business" to add flavor for flavors sake though. The entire city is built up from objects the citizens can use and interact with. When you enter new areas of the city, the civilians are unhappy and desperate – you'll find them digging through trash, sleeping on the streets. As the tide turns in the city, their behaviors will all change. This all is one of the most important and visible parts of making you feel heroic or villainous.

IGN: How destructible is the city?

Nate Fox: When you get done fighting in the street it'll often look as if a tornado has torn through the place --it's very satisfying. But really the city is more than just destructible... it's completely wired for electricity and conduction. It's also completely climbable and useful for combat.

This game is for me one of the best things seen at this E3. Graphics seems to be vastly improved compared to last year and for what we have seen so far about the gameplay it looks fun to play as well!

Infamous is the game of the show for me so far (aside from R2 because I wuv me some Resistance).
batman.gif

Is there any hands on impression ? Can we really climb up any building and along any ledges ? And destructible environment ? I didn't want to set myself up for disappointment

Is there any hands on impression ? Can we really climb up any building and along any ledges ? And destructible environment ? I didn't want to set myself up for disappointment

Is there a gameplay footage, non-teaser trailer or something?
Haven't seen anything on PSN.

This game is for me one of the best things seen at this E3. Graphics seems to be vastly improved compared to last year and for what we have seen so far about the gameplay it looks fun to play as well!

You have great taste.
batman.gif

I sure hope we can climb anything, like in assassins creed (well virtually better). Also hope that the "destructible environment" is really destructible, so you can raze buildings and stuff.

Because destructible environment gets thrown alot these days, i say not until your atleast at BF:BC level you can say you have destructible environment.

Shooting at pillars and seeing them take a slight bumb, isn't destructible in my book.

Looks cool. Crackdown is similar (free roaming superhero) and was fun, this looks more interesting in my book.

Is this a first-party/second-party game?

Never heard of Sucker Punch but apparently some of the people worked on Sly Cooper?

So it sounds like they transitioned from platformers to action-adventure/superhero type of game.

But a totally new character instead of one based on known properties. Maybe if they made Spiderman games this way. Or do something with the TV show Heroes.

Is this a first-party/second-party game?

Never heard of Sucker Punch but apparently some of the people worked on Sly Cooper?

So it sounds like they transitioned from platformers to action-adventure/superhero type of game.

But a totally new character instead of one based on known properties. Maybe if they made Spiderman games this way. Or do something with the TV show Heroes.

Sucker Punch is a 1st party dev, and yes, they developed the Sly Cooper series of games for the PS2.

Yeah, i kinda dont get why people dont put more effort into movie-based games. The marketing and branding is allready there, if somebody would make a really really good spiderman game for example it would sell amazing amounts.

looks cool kinda like that prototype game that was announced awhile back.

I like super hero games. If this is even half as good as crackdown i will own it day 1

Back