Official MS E3 press conference thread

FF XIII on 360 is the biggest announcement i can remember for a long time.

I bet Sony execs are thrilled about spending the rest of this E3 answering questions about how they lost this exclusive.

Looks like Sony didn't think FF was worth keeping exclusive outside Japan. :p

No new core games announced is disappointing. No bungie stuff..?

Let me note that just as there was a lot of positive unexpecteds for MS here beyond what the rumor mill had thrown out, we still have Sony and Nintendo's conferences to go tomorrow.

MS is in the clear "E3" lead right now, but at the same time let's at least let the other contestants go before medals are handed out. I'm hoping that Sony and Nintendo each have their respective positive surprises tomorrow.

oh yea group chat 8 people during all activities and sharing the NetFlix movies with your party? awesome as well

Was it? If it is it is; I couldn't tell because the feed I was watching kept glitching up. Anyway I hope they get some clarity quick on the extent to which personal library songs are supported, could be a very big thing.
I presume it's just standard karaoke muting of the voice track by inverting one of the stereo channels. For it to have lyrics and pitch recognition, they'd need the full library of all the world's songs to hand!

Let me note that just as there was a lot of positive unexpecteds for MS here beyond what the rumor mill had thrown out, we still have Sony and Nintendo's conferences to go tomorrow.

MS is in the clear "E3" lead right now, but at the same time let's at least let the other contestants go before medals are handed out. I'm hoping that Sony and Nintendo each have their respective positive surprises tomorrow.

No medals , just this is ms's best confrence as far back as I can remember . Mostly due to the lack of leaks

My god, the internet is down :LOL:

teamxbox, ign, gamespot, gametrailers, neoGAF, kotaku, and others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Netflix sharing is interesting. Sony's download sharing has been excellent - you can even share RockBand tracks between accounts. Streaming a movie across several people is an unexpected step in that direction, but quite an odd one. Who really wants to watch a movie with other people while at the same time on your own?

The big irony here is MS are totally eclipsing Sony's efforts in the Media Hub department...but then only in North America.

FF XIII on 360 is the biggest announcement i can remember for a long time.

I bet Sony execs are thrilled about spending the rest of this E3 answering questions about how they lost this exclusive.

It just made absolutely no sense for SE not to put FF13 on 360, for the life of me I couldn't understand why they weren't bringing it over... better late than never they made the obvious, and smart, decision.

Wow and wow. Man, not sure what to think. Makes up for the lack of motion controller announcement. I really wanted one of those.

The new dashboard is cool, but anybody see if it's optional or required? Totally explains the lack of a spring update. Can't wait to check out the avatars, party system, Netflix. Hopefully I can dress up as Batman. ;)

Don't like RPGs, but the FFXIII news was impressive. Explains Sony's comment about exclusives awhile back. ;)

Can't wait to try all the new Arcade games (Uno Rush, Banjoe Kazooie, Galaga Legions, Geometry Wars 2, Portal: Still Alive) and causual games(Scene-It 2, You're in the Movies). ;)

Tommy McClain

yes i believe it was mentioned on stage... free to Gold users.

makes sense as they are subsidizing the Netflix with income form Live gold users... no brainer for a perpetual Goldmember (hehe :) ) like myself.

Ok, so silver members can get it but just at additional cost? I thought it was exclusive to gold the way it read on Engadget.

Holy crap, good job MS.

I hope Sony can show similarly impressive things on their presentation.

FF13 for X360? This news might be hard to swallow for some people

The new dashboard is a huge improvement that finally picks up on the current trends in UI design. How does this fit in with the existing Blades though? Is this something like an application launched from the dash, or a full replacement.

The new dashboard is a huge improvement that finally picks up on the current trends in UI design. How does this fit in with the existing Blades though? Is this something like an application launched from the dash, or a full replacement.

gotta say I like the old dash better. The new dash just reminds me of the sony xmb on the psp and ps3. I really don't like those at all , they are way to slow to find whta I want

Back