Official MS E3 press conference thread

There's also a technical consideration here. Originally FFXIII was on the so-called White Engine. SE bought into UE3 for cross-platform. Have they moved FFXIII over to UE3, or are they creating a White Engine for PS3?

All in all, MS do seem serious about pursuing other markets. Co-op featured in pretty much everything, and they had their share of 'different' games.

The Lips thing I'm not sure I understand... the using your own personal collection is obviously awesome, but does it actually overlay the words and notes? Also didn't quite understand whether that was an exclusive or not. But yes the dashboard re-do, essentially the creation of 'Home Lite,' and the Netflix thing are all very big deals. Obviously FFXIII is a big notch for MS as well.

I had a feeling that when Yoichi Wada came back that a Final Fantasy Bombshell would be set off and my god it blew the place to pieces! :oops:

Sony loyalists will shed tears this day. Microsoft really took the message home this morning.

I think the biggest thing about this conference is that it was not all leaked last week... bravo Ms for finally keeping some secrets. :)

carl i thought Lips was an MSGS game?

The casual games (lips, scene it, and in the movies) didn't get a big reaction from the audience and aren't really innovative enough I think for them to do anything to Nintendo in that space. But XBox Live, the new Dashboard, and games line-up were EXTREMELY impressive IMHO.

The casual games (lips, scene it, and in the movies) didn't get a big reaction from the audience and aren't really innovative enough I think for them to do anything to Nintendo in that space. But XBox Live, the new Dashboard, and games line-up were EXTREMELY impressive IMHO.

agreed but they certainly have addressed the lack of casual games... if any one wants one, it's there.

agreed but they certainly have addressed the lack of casual games... if any one wants one, it's there.

scene it is really fun . I don't think its a system seller and we only take it out once every 3-4 months , but a fun time when we do (its rare we are all together and want to play something

carl i thought Lips was an MSGS game?

Was it? If it is it is; I couldn't tell because the feed I was watching kept glitching up. Anyway I hope they get some clarity quick on the extent to which personal library songs are supported, could be a very big thing.

I'll note also the wireless mics.

My favorites:

Gears 2
Fable 2
Banjo
Rockband 2. All of RB1 songs exported confirmed!!!!!!!!
Netflix
Group chat upto 8 people! sharing of all content
FF13 just for the pure net entertainment.

Back