Official Sony E3 press conference thread

Headset, cables, games etc. It is a games machine, no? BTW, it's Tommy.

Tommy McClain

(I don't think it's unusual to address someone by their forum handle)

Anyway I can understand where the cables and headset thing would be frustrating.

He spent alot of time talking about stuff no one's interested in, and summed up the major thing gamers wanted(games) in a montage footage :???:

Yeah, at the beginning there was a quick montage with COD5 and such stuff and I really expected Sony to get hold of the devs for an on stage presentation for some multiplatform games. I should've done something else, it was a waste of time.

MAG looks cool.. I got the impression there would be a higher hierarchy dealing out objectives to squads,, that would be a new element in multiplayer shooters.

Based on the pictures in the trailer.

No megatons, all pretty expected. I at least read the sony conference so that sony wanted to emphasize the breadth of products, services and partners they have rather than hype single killer applications.

After all they gave time to:
psp, ps2, ps3, video service, home, third party games etc. I read this message as there is something for everyone not just a single niche hit for limited audience. I also read it so that if you jump sony wagon it's a longer ride, after all they emphasized 9year old ps2 quite a lot.

I also got message that sony cares about community and user created content. It was welcome to me. Similarly the interoperability aspect was nice such as copying rented/bought videos to psp(or using store via pc). Here again emphasis on the huge amount of players involved and silent promise of content from all of them. Not just sony movies sold via ps3.

Motorstorm2 is delayed? They didn't show a trailer no?
(Maybe I'm wrong to begin with and it's not planned for 2008?)

Anyway decieving, but they are thing to be decieved about at least, I wouldn't dare a comment about Nintendo's one...

Most boring presentation ever, the only bit of worthy news is MAG, but even that was all CGI, making you wonder if they'll cancel it two years from now as well. Sony's only hopes seem to be LBP and Resistance for this fall, against Gears 2, Fable 2, and whatever Nintendo can come up with. This doesn't sound like the year of the PS3 so far.

well, they said 2008 is the year of the ps3, meaning MGS4 would be included.

but i agree... pretty boring presentation. resistance looks better than ever, and that was the first footage i was impressed with... can't wait for it!

Well ok Tommy, we can change your handle if you like you know. :p

No, it's fine. Thanks.

Anyway I can understand where the cables and headset thing would be frustrating.

Yeah, just adds more to the price. I would be approaching $500 by the time I bought the cables, headset and a game. Depressing just thinking about it.

Tommy McClain

KZ2 and Motorstorm clips were both shown in the PS3 game montage... though the lack of standalone hyping does surprise.

Anyway overall Sony definitely didn't win any awards for this show, but at the same time I'm glad for some of the steps they are taking, un-refined though the delivery of those messages was.

He didn't say anything about the video store beeing NA only...

I guess i'm grasping here but maybe they will launch n Europe by mistake...

He didn't say anything about the video store beeing NA only...

That would be *so* cool. I at least would spend some cash to movies/series. Especially so if the streaming works as well as they said. Wait a minute and watch the episode after that while loading in the background. Might even upgrade my measly 10/10 connection to 100/100 if it makes a difference(hd perhaps streamable?)

:LOL: you made me laught on this one.

Anyway In my country (France) most ISP already offer really interesting 'online' video store.
So I've no interest in theses offers.

Okay my thoughts on the Sony conference:

- PSP very good showing, breathing life into it with what it needs GAMES
- PS3 bland showing, CG GOW and MAG? Movie download service that is behind XBLM still. Come on show us GAMES! Where was KZ2? Wipeout HD? Why discuss the systems specs, that's so 2 years ago. It's like they are still trying to convince us PS3 is powerful.

Overall: C-
No knockout punches or FF13 reversals.

I was hoping for some Wipeout HD news! Where is it?

I don't think they can put everything into a one conference, during this week we will get more detailed information about the other games and ones shown in a conference.

Overall, Sony conference was ok. Gamers get games and PSN network goes forward. What else we need.

I only watched sales growth part from g4tv website. That has to be the best presentation with boring content.

Very disappointed to hear Infamous is a 2009 title. Although I don't particularly like sandbox games, I am really interested in this one.

Anyway, I getter no new (big) game announcements besides the obvious GOWIII?

What a big let down this E3 is so far,

Yeah, at the beginning there was a quick montage with COD5 and such stuff and I really expected Sony to get hold of the devs for an on stage presentation for some multiplatform games. I should've done something else, it was a waste of time.

I personally do not think getting a bunch of 3rd party developers on stage is worth it. If the game is not exclusive why bother. The E3 floor room will offer much more hands on footages anyways. It's better to get developers on stage that only supports your own platform. 3rd party exclusives is almost a dying breed. You should know that.

Back