Official Sony E3 press conference thread

If they were smart, Home 2D would be an AJAX/Flash web-accessible app, a sort of social network for the web. Kinda like Google Earth (3D, native) vs Google Maps (2D, shares much of the same data, but runs in browser)

Deep's predictions:

Home will be up within the next week or so.
Wardevil will be shown.
ICO game trailer.
Heavy Rain trailer.
GOW3 teaser trailer (just a zoom out of Kratos's face and "God of War 3 March 2009)
Resistance 2 Gameplay
Killzone 2 Gameplay
New LBP features
Warhawk New Pack (Parachutes?)

Game only predictions I see...

I don't think there are going to be any important hardware annoucments.

PS3 Slim? To soon.
PSP-3000 or PSPPhone? Less than a year after the PSP-2000 launch? Probably not.

Maybe a new controler.

Sony 1st party exclusives do not sell as well as MS 3rd Party titles(exclusive or not). If Sony is focus on 1st Party development then they won't go anywhere. Getting support from 3rd Party is far more important imo this generation. MS drop an atomic bomb on them so I really doubt anything is going to change that fate unless Sony takes away key 360 3rd Parties titles themselves or announce exclusive 3rd Party titles to support their system. GoW3 won't cut it. At least imo.

Well i dont really care for Microsoft 3rd party exclusives (how many real 3rd party exclusives are there?)

What i really like about the PS3 stuff is actual original new games.

I don't think there are going to be any important hardware annoucments.

PS3 Slim? To soon.
PSP-3000 or PSPPhone? Less than a year after the PSP-2000 launch? Probably not.

Maybe a new controler.

You don't think that maybe there will be media functionality related announcements?

Anyway people I'm with Rancid, can we discuss what's actually announced vs everyone putting their hats in the ring with speculation?

You don't think that maybe there will be media functionality related announcements?

Anyway people I'm with Rancid, can we discuss what's actually announced vs everyone putting their hats in the ring with speculation?

Of course, i didn't think about it. Probably Movie and Music Store. New PSP Firm version already supports that.

People may only just be arriving since the conference hall is far from the Nintendo one.

edit: It begins...

Have I mentioned before how much I dislike Jack Tretton?

This whole "only possible due to Blu-ray" stuff is what clouds the actual positive messages and causes noise and bickering to rise to the fore. I fear he has only the most basic grasp of technology himself also, which makes it all the worse for me.

Hopefully they don't overdo the scripting in Resistance 2. Anyway, 8 player coop sounds really nice...

Back