XBox 360 Price Cut/60GB model*

t obviously won't compete with the Wii
Has Nintendo fixed their supply issues yet though? I honestly wouldn't expect numbers higher than last year if they haven't yet... and the 360 performed very well against the Wii with a much higher price last Xmas IIRC

I've not meant numbers, but market segments. Even if it's just $199, the Arcade still lacks the games that sell the Wii, not to mention the controller. They've already failed to capture that market and as it seems nothing can stop the Wii to reach 60-80, or even 100 million units.

Has Nintendo fixed their supply issues yet though? I honestly wouldn't expect numbers higher than last year if they haven't yet... and the 360 performed very well against the Wii with a much higher price last Xmas IIRC

Supposedly by year end they will; analysts are predicting that Wii may break 1m in a single month if there's the hardware.

Supposedly by year end they will; analysts are predicting that Wii may break 1m in a single month if there's the hardware.

I think that's really reasonable. If they can sell around 500K in slow months, I think November or December sales topping 1 million is pretty reasonable, as long as they have the units available.

I think that's really reasonable. If they can sell around 500K in slow months, I think November or December sales topping 1 million is pretty reasonable, as long as they have the units available.

Best Nov for a console is ~1.3 million for Dec that # jumps to ~2.7 million. Both were accomplished by the PS2 in the same year.

Given Wii's monthly numbers, ~3.5 million should be very feasible unless production isn't there which would seem problematic since the Wii is going into its third Christmas season.

[Rumor Mill]
Price coming in UK (thus Europe)
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=235793
The Arcade Xbox 360 will drop to GBP 129.99, the Premium unit to GBP 169.99, and the Elite console to 229.99, according to scans from the upcoming Woolworts catalogue, photographed by Engadget.
In euros:
arcade: 165 euros
pro: 215 euros
elite: 290 euros.
Might be tough for me to pass this fall... if true obviously.
[/Rumor Mill]

Last edited by a moderator:
If the rumors are true, MS would surprise me - they haven't done much for the 360s success lately. The price cut was almost too late, but with a couple more interesting exclusive games it could go a long way.

If the rumors are true, MS would surprise me - they haven't done much for the 360s success lately. The price cut was almost too late, but with a couple more interesting exclusive games it could go a long way.

Yeah, but why a secret? Is every member of the press under NDA? Like someone on GAF said:

BBC News this morning:

"Our source told us that he has some news. However, our source is unable to confirm what that news may be."

Back