Case recommendations

Bludd

Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
Veteran
I am looking to buy a new computer case because the one I have has insufficient cooling.

My needs:
  • maxi/full tower, preferably long/deep and not super-tall
  • possibility to add fans, or preferably a number of (3 or more) 120mm fans installed as standard
  • as light as possible, 100% aluminium is cool
  • no/as few as possible case LEDs, no flashing LEDs
  • thumb-screws as standard
  • good cooling for harddrives, side-mounted harddrive bay is cool and I would like that
Any suggestions are welcomed. :)
Price is no barrier, unless it is super-expensive ($1000 or something)

The case I want to replace is a ThermalTake Eureka. It just doesn't have good enough cooling for high-end enthusiast parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, it is only a midi tower. The cooling solution looks awesome, though.

Seems like Norwegian Best Buy doesn't carry that item.

The CM690 is a versatile & inexpensive case. I picked up two for some new gear & a couple of the Elite 334 to repackage older hardware. Noise is low with 120mm fans @ 7V. The OE Lian-Li looks a good product at a nice price, & I'm a fan of Aerocool I-Curve. Depends on your taste/preference to spend on the case, though.

The CM690 looks to have good cooling. That Elite case looks to be a little on the small side.

I wish I could get a full tower with a 250mm fan like that Aerocool Zangar recommended.

Where's that case digi recommended a few weeks back? Didn't it have a huge side intake?

I know Tim and Rys are big fans of the Akasa Eclipse-62. Plenty of room for even multiple 10.5" mega-monster viddy cards.

I have a Gigabyte 3DAurora that I generally like, but a 10.5" card really pushes it exactly to its limit.

That Akasa Eclipse is no-go. It is too similar to the one I already have.

That Armor+ looks to have awesome cooling, though and is internally very close to the case I have now which is a ThermalTake too. As of now it is on the top of my list, even though it is slightly too bling-bling for me: I like non-descript cases.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! Keep them coming. :D

That one looks awesome, but I don't need/want those PSUs. Is there a version without PSUs? Does it have to have two power leads if I do get the PSU version?

Edit: Btw, is the P182 the P190 + 1200 without the PSUs? Looks awfully similar.
Edit2: No, apparently not. The cooling in the P182 doesn't seem to be as good as the P190 + 1200. I wish it wasn't steel and without PSU.

It's not just the steel, it also has 3 layer panels ... the performance line of Antec are some of the heaviest cases around, weight reduces noise though.

Why do you need such extreme cooling anyway? Do you plan on using GPUs with internal exhaust?

Back