Bioshock PS3*

they planned something to soften edges I believe, IGN said it helped a lot and the 1up comparison showed noticeable lessening, but this demo did not.

Are you saying the demo build is old ?

I really hope so :cry:

Bioshock is becoming the next Oblivion for me, I was so excited, now I'm disappointed. Mostly on the visual side here, the gameplay is fine (not perfect aiming). I may get it just later than I originally planned.

At least I just got a comp that can run them. Wonder if ESIV is controller compatible.

I sent the PS Blog a question on the demo (Tried to post a comment in the Bioshock entry but it was closed). Let's see if I get any response.

For starters, I can't fathom why anybody would buy the same game on more than one platform.

Is this something that is a common occurance for some of you?

I did buy Bioshock for 360, but will be getting it from GameFly (US Rental Service) for PS3. Which I am sure most others will be doing.

Buying both makes no sense as you suggest. Unless one had a gold nugget inside.

For starters, I can't fathom why anybody would buy the same game on more than one platform.
Depends on what the platform is. I originally purchased the game on X360 way back when, but when I recently upgraded my PC and Steam had the game on sale for fifteen bucks... well, there you go. That's a definite upgrade, though... I agree that if you've already played either of the other versions, there's no sense at all in picking up the PS3 version.

DSC02962.JPG

DSC02963.JPG

I'm terrified

poor textures

blur filter

inconsistant frame rate

very noticeable LOD

definitely one of the worst port EVER

Oh yeah I noticed that dead big daddy's bad textures too. I found it strange that it didnt use any texture smoothing or anything. Its as if graphics cards havent been invented and we are looking at high res PS1 textures. That model sticked out like a sore thumb compared to everything else

This is very weird. Probably a graphical bug in the demo?

Oh yeah I noticed that dead big daddy's bad textures too. I found it strange that it didnt use any texture smoothing or anything. Its as if graphics cards havent been invented and we are looking at high res PS1 textures. That model sticked out like a sore thumb compared to everything else

This is very weird. Probably a graphical bug in the demo?

Or a problem with the streaming of the texture…

So far the game is still Bioshock, and it's quite smooth I have to say. Controls and atmosphere are 100% intact. I can't detect any differences. Water does seem slightly better, but not sure.

Despite it being an awesomely designed game, I discovered I still really don't like the gameplay, so I'm definitely not going to buy it. Reuse the assets to create an RPG or an Adventure, and I'm game. But all this violence and gore makes me get very, very tired.

From memory I though the gfxs were ever so slightly not quite as good - but then I never scrutinised (sp?) the X360 version. Thought the framerate was fine, the odd stutter but nothing to complain about (for me anyway). Did notice a bit of texture pop-in (or whatever it's called) - but again, I never really checked over the X360 version, I just got the feeling this wasn't quite as nice.

Having said all that, the game is great and I advise anyone thinking about to buy it, there's nothing 'wrong' with the PS3 version.

Back