NVIDIA shows signs ... [2008 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well NVDA just blew the doors off their earnings...

They made over $100 million in profit and will make more next quarter.

They now have 1.6 billion in cash and another $400 million in real estate alone.

NVDA isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Sorry Charlie.

Not wanting them to fail, just having problems understanding have they succeed. They have inferior products at higher pricepoints. What is earning them money? And more importantly; have can I get in on it?

Not wanting them to fail, just having problems understanding have they succeed. They have inferior products at higher pricepoints. What is earning them money? And more importantly; have can I get in on it?

Really?! I know Fermi is late, but last I knew, the last 3 product releases have been better, ie faster, that ATIs. I would hardly call that inferior.

I believe they generate more than half their revs outside of the discrete GPU market.

They are expanding in many different areas.

If AMD/ATI didn't have $4 billion in debt they would be doing ok also.

Strategy, relationships, support, reputation, marketing.....it begins with the product but doesn't stop there. Also, don't be too enamored with the high-end, Nvidia's mid and lower end parts are very popular.

The devil is in the details :p

Not sure if Charlie ever frothed for a flop showing this quarter. I thought it was Q4 this year and Q1 next year he was calling for?

edit: They were expecting 10c per share profit and the results came in 11c, good but not awesome.

No, they earned 19c, almost double estimates. 11c was what they earned a year ago. Also revs were above last year's, and far higher than anticipated.

Wow that's pathetic. I didn't realize their obsession with Intel ran this deep. What's next? A podcast denouncing the evils of a corrupt corporation who colludes with developers for marketing kickbacks, oh wait.

Silly season is officially over, now it's all irony :p

Wow that's pathetic. I didn't realize their obsession with Intel ran this deep. What's next? A podcast denouncing the evils of a corrupt corporation who colludes with developers for marketing kickbacks, oh wait.

Some one has too much cash that it doesn't know what to do with.

nVidia ought to try buying VIA so it has a good x86 development team in house and can compete in hardware execution in the long run with the likes of AMD and Intel. What triumphs in the long run is superior implementation of open standards. You're not gonna win by forcing exclusivity for physics or other features on just a few pieces of software.

(Only businesses like MSFT or Sony have enough cash to back an exclusivity / license based strategy i.e. making their own console and buying exclusives. We're also dealing w/ the PC environment where the openness of the platform is a major feature.)

I like Nvidia Products. I like ATI products aswell. I own both. But I dont really care for either company as a whole as both lie, cheat and finger point. And Nvidia can now add, SCREW EVERYONE to their list of SOP.

http://www.overclock3d.net/news.php?/cpu_mainboard/nvidia_quash_msi_s_lucid_powered_big_bang_board/1

Well they already could since nothing changed. Still I never understood the obsession since it seems GPUs are higher margin than chipsets, maybe that is wrong though.

As far as the intel thing, it may be in poor taste, but I actually am glad to see them get a bit of heat. The intel anti-competition machine makes nvidia and AMD look like sweethearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back