I'm gonna try this!

Hmm… You’re so right. IMHO, Rib eye is the best. I hate it when you go to a restaurant, you ask for rare and you get well done because they're scared of litigation! Or to a BBQ and the host stands their squishing all the juice out of the meat with a spatula!

So so hungry now….
Well done meat can be lower quality meat than rare meat because overcooking the meat hides the taste. With rare meat, you can't hide.

haha! weaksauce, your are uncovered at last!

You know nothing about what I know about LRH. But it's sad that you somehow think it's 'sad' that I have not been 'enlightened' by him. (Is that sad that I said that?)

You certainly shouldn't take your dietry guidlines from me - I can fix you PC though or develop some software for you. Perhaps a qualified medical professional would be better? Or are they most evil servants of the psychiatrists!! Run Children!! Do not touch the milk!! Do not touch the milk!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6948204.stm

But of course the BBC are not to be trusted (although they did provide another youtube classic with the Scientologist Rant)

and I'd rather trust what I read on a milk carton than anything penned by LRH or one of his followers (is that word allowed ? I'm not sure) And I'd certainly trust 500,000 years of evolution and adaptation than any single person on the planet. How long do you think it took to domesticate a cow, or a pig? And that was way before the Milk Marketing Board turned up and stuck a 'milk is good' slogan on the side. Gosh and Darn, at least the Milk People are only trying to sell me milk, not a lifetime of 'buying-in' (that's more like Satelite TV).

First off, why are you talking about Hubbard? Did he contribute with great discoveries in fields such as alternating current, electrical transmission and radio communication? Does he have a unit named after him? Did he he care about his health and performance? Did he try eating food that benefited him? And for the record, Tesla, being born in the middle of the 19th century, lived 20 years longer than Hubbard. (edit: make that 12 years :oops:)

Second, that article isn't about milk, and all it says is that children should eat more fat than adults and without any reference to what happens if they don't, and moreover, a vegan diet can give you lots of fat through oils, seeds and nuts (maybe I should note that peanut butter jelly sandwiches are a considerable contributing factor of obesity in the US).

One of the longest living populations in the world live in Sardinia and eat slabs of red meat and buckets of wine. They are also very happy people

You know living to a 100 isn't really that impressive, especially when it's just a matter of chance. Say, how old do you think people will be a in the next century? 150 I would say is a rather modest estimation, and I'll be one of those because I cared enough to learn what causes health and made an effort, and you probably won't because you base your life on milk packages.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO dairy is probably worser for you than red meat (assuming it has no prions). The whole Milk makes bones stronger stems from WWII era studies that showed country women had denser bones that urban women - the assumption being the country women had easier access to milk.

The fact that they also did substantial heavy lifting and farmhouse work was overlooked.

So in Asia osteoporosis is almost nonexistent - so is dairy as a food staple - but Asians who move here and start eating high dairy have high incidence of osteoporosis.

IMHO dairy is probably worser for you than red meat (assuming it has no prions). The whole Milk makes bones stronger stems from WWII era studies that showed country women had denser bones that urban women - the assumption being the country women had easier access to milk.

The fact that they also did substantial heavy lifting and farmhouse work was overlooked.

So in Asia osteoporosis is almost nonexistent - so is dairy as a food staple - but Asians who move here and start eating high dairy have high incidence of osteoporosis.

You can pry my extra sharp cheddar from my cold dead fingers!

In regards to pork, an old lady who my mother knew always told us how, when she was a child, every family in her village used to keep a pig in their back yard. This would be fed on kitchen waste/food leftovers and any waste plant matter. The pig would be butchered once it reached a certain size (can't remember if this was every 6 months or every year) and the meat would be jointed and shared around the village - obviously the pigs were butchered on a rota system so there was usually fresh or cured meat available. This was back during the early part of the 20th Century when, of course, nothing went to waste.

Did they eat leftovers from pork? :mrgreen:

Exactly, if you're not going to enjoy your life what would be the point of living longer?

I think the point is that one can enjoy life rather abundantly without being a glutton-fatass who eats cheese burgers or steak or bacon and brie at every meal. In fact, diversity of diet is far more enjoyable than eating the same tired stuff day after day even if that stuff is a $60 steak.

I think the point is that one can enjoy life rather abundantly without being a glutton-fatass who eats cheese burgers or steak or bacon and brie at every meal. In fact, diversity of diet is far more enjoyable than eating the same tired stuff day after day even if that stuff is a $60 steak.
That is true, but I could eat steak once a week without being sad. I would rather take the time to exercise than try and eat right though.

turned.png

BEWARE.

That is true, but I could eat steak once a week without being sad. I would rather take the time to exercise than try and eat right though.

I don't know how old you are but that approach becomes more difficult with age and career advancement.

You can't balance it out like that, and Jim Fixx is a classical example. And also, health is determined by order of thought, breath, water, food, and lastly physical exercise. (and by the way, eating right would benefit your performance)

FYI, I don't need food to make me happy :)roll:), although eating healthy can be just as enjoyable.

You can't balance it out like that, and Jim Fixx is a classical example. And also, health is determined by order of thought, breath, water, food, and lastly physical exercise.

you forgot donating money to whatever crackpot told you that or was that assumed?

You can't balance it out like that, and Jim Fixx is a classical example. And also, health is determined by order of thought, breath, water, food, and lastly physical exercise. (and by the way, eating right would benefit your performance)

FYI, I don't need food to make me happy :)roll:), although eating healthy can be just as enjoyable.

What a load of crap.

Heart health and HDL/LDL levels are governed by genetics first then exercise. The dietary correlation in the literature is weak at best. The exercise correlation is proven over and over.

I don't know how old you are but that approach becomes more difficult with age and career advancement.

-->30

I like exercising though. Riding my mountain bike is one of the funnest things I do if it would ever quit raining.

-->30

I like exercising though. Riding my mountain bike is one of the funnest things I do if it would ever quit raining.

I ran 40 miles per week in my late twenties/early thirties.
I mountain biked also (raced)...and rock climbed several times a week.
In my mid thirties I ran less but managed to bench press bodyweight + 150#.

Now I'm 42 and try to walk the dogs daily and hit the gym 1 or 2 times per week (2 kids and all their activities plus running a company).

:(

I ran 40 miles per week in my late twenties/early thirties.
I mountain biked also (raced)...and rock climbed several times a week.
In my mid thirties I ran less but managed to bench press bodyweight + 150#.

Now I'm 42 and try to walk the dogs daily and hit the gym 1 or 2 times per week (2 kids and all their activities plus running a company).

:(

My brother does some exterras, but I don't know much about mtn bike racing. Did you do X-country or downhill, or something else? I always have enough fun racing myself so to speak.

I used to climb regularly (4 times a week), but I messed up my pointer playing basketball (most dangerous sport ever I swear though I was just screwing around and dont play regularly) and now don't have the grip I did. If I am climbing something that is mostly feet it is no big deal, but almost all difficult sedimentary rock, or gym climbing relies extensively on upper body strength and that kind of ruins things so I haven't done it as much.

I was a cross country person in my youth, but I hate running as it destroys knees. You are far busier than me that is true, but then you are rolling in the $ compared to me as well :).

I popped the pulley-sheath at the base of my left ring finger four years ago... :(
When I raced it was x-country and downhill NORBA. It helped to live in Boulder for these activities...Cincinnati now.

I popped the pulley-sheath at the base of my left ring finger four years ago... :(
When I raced it was x-country and downhill NORBA. It helped to live in Boulder for these activities...Cincinnati now.

Well the good thing is ring fingers are weak to begin with middle>pointer>>ring>pinky

Some famous concert pianist ruined himself doing ring finger exercises to strengthen it and ended up breaking it. Then he mainly just composed. (Now that is a random tidbit :))

Downhill is crazy, that stuff is dangerous. Of course I love riding downhill, bug not Downhill with all the jumps and huge drops if you get my drift. I found a fun trail I did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYWuuob-A-o&fmt=18 but it doesn't show some of the harrier parts very well. The person riding also skips many of the jumps and quality is crap, but if you go there (Tetons) try riding the trail (Lithium) it is quite entertaining.

Alright, I've got almost a kilogram of pork here, ham and bacon. Already began eating the ham, frying the bacon... I'll keep you updated. :smile:

I can tell about my diet this month. I had a turkey sandwich on two occasion at the beginning of the month because of lack of options, otherwise it's been purely vegetarian. I've been on a fairly strict budget, so up until last week I was living largely on müsly and yogurt, until I figured that starting eating vegetables wouldn't be a problem. So after that I just lade of the dairy and have been eating mostly roman sallad, spinach, tomatoes, carrots, kale, zuccini, nuts, some potatoes..., and fruit ofcourse.

Edit: Heck I feel great, and now I'm eating an ice cream big pack. I'll give it an hour more and then we can officially call it bullshit.

Back