Resident Evil 5

Well, the aiming is pretty slow and the run speed might be quick enough for it to be hard to track a guy. And we have no idea how much damage you'll be able to soak up. Plus there are grenades and the like to prevent serious camping.

Why the hell are there frame rate drop on the PS3 version? This is an insult, there are far better looking games on the PS3 with little to no frame rate drop. Is Capcom just lazy or what?:rolleyes: I say they should have delayed the PS3 version to smooth out the frame rate problem.

Why the hell are there frame rate drop on the PS3 version? This is an insult, there are far better looking games on the PS3 with little to no frame rate drop. Is Capcom just lazy or what?:rolleyes: I say they should have delayed the PS3 version to smooth out the frame rate problem.
Multiplatform engine, compromises do have to be made. Though the drop of frames didn't happen that often and not to the point of unplayable so I'm fairly content with everything so far, on chap2:2 only.

Sorry if I doubt you (yes I remember the "Italian journalist" KZ2 posts). I'll take Digital Foundries tests which show nothing like the drama you are expressing.
No drama? 360 30 steady fps vs 22-25 fps on ps3 it isn't so bad? :???: Bad optimization and no more, or probably mt frameworks sucks on ps3... and believe me this engine it isn't so incredible...the most of texture are low resolution on both hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I doubt you (yes I remember the "Italian journalist" KZ2 posts). I'll take Digital Foundries tests which show nothing like the drama you are expressing.

I bought the PS3 version at gamestop's midnight launch and it definitely is running at less than 30fps. In the beginning of the game when you are directed to go to the butcher shop, try knocking off the stuff on the tables. You can see how low the framerate is. I'd say no more than 25fps. Luckily for me, my TV has a motion enhancer and that pretty much solved all the low framerate problems.

Beat the game on Professional difficulty with a coop buddy. Definitely not for wussies. It was brutal. Must have died 10x more than I did on Veteran.

Have to say, the game looked so much sharper on HDTV than those 720p eurogamer shots. Does anyone else get that feeling? Currently I'm using a Bravia 46"Z series.

I'm suprised by the framerate talk. I played the demo and it looked great and seemed rock steady. Certainly better than F.E.A.R 2 which seemed to be constantly hit by framerate issues on PS3.

I'm suprised by the framerate talk. I played the demo and it looked great and seemed rock steady. Certainly better than F.E.A.R 2 which seemed to be constantly hit by framerate issues on PS3.

I understood if you don't notice that but resident evil 5 fps on ps3 it isn't surely rock solid.

Beat the game on Professional difficulty with a coop buddy. Definitely not for wussies. It was brutal. Must have died 10x more than I did on Veteran.

I'd say Professional might be nearly impossible to beat without co-op, seeing every hit except dog attacks kill you instantly from what I have heard.

Noone tried any of the Home integration features yet? I'm really curious about them! (but not curious enough to buy the game yet ... )

I understood if you don't notice that but resident evil 5 fps on ps3 it isn't surely rock solid.

Nope I'm glad I'm not that sensitve to it. I play mostly shooters and it can be a problem when trying to move around a lot and shoot multiple enemies.
It usually ruins the game for me but in the demo it never was a problem.

I'm enjoying it (xbxo360), but I kind of wish they'd innovated more. It feels like a reskinned RE4. A lot of the animations are even the same. I still haven't finished Chapter 1, so it could get a lot more interesting. The game is definitely good, but RE4 was incredibly good at the time. I also miss playing with the wiimote. I kind of wonder why they wouldn't do a wii version since the only thing that's really changed is the graphics. I don't see why they couldn't make a version with lesser graphics.

Back