*thread split* 360 Warranty/Repair experiences

I did wonder about that - I'll try it later tonight. I've had the Elite (replacement for a Core) for a while but things have taken an age to set-up.

I just saw the warranty info and that's when I realised I didn't know where my receipt was.

I've got some components to move around plus my GF wants me to take one of the consoles upstairs. Never!

I think when you go live MS network finds *beep**beep* new serial number detected *beep**beep* sort of when you use serial numbers for PC products. I bought Elite in August but warranty began from september :???:

Anyone know the holdup on going to full cpu and gpu 45nm process? Is it the logistics from reducing the edram?

A few weeks ago i was very close to adding a 360 to my collection. I could get a 20gb dirt cheap. A guy i know got RROD on his 360. Returned it for repair and got what looked like a brand new machine.
Since he decided to switch to PS3 i got a offer i could not resist. Until i saw the fabrication year, 2005.

The warranty starts from the moment you log onto Xbox Live, has anyone noticed this?

Just registered mine (finally). The date corresponds to the date of purchase. Although I ordered it online and the warranty expiration corresponds to that - not even the date of delivery. Bah!

Well my second Xbox 360 died tonight. It was a new elite that I got after my first one died. I was having a lot of fun with GTA IV but decided to give COD4 a go and wham....checker-board screen. Reboot the box and 3RROD.

I will say that my Elite lasted just as long as the my first one which was the standard version. About 8 months.

Oh well, time to give my PS3 some lovin' I guess.

My 360 Premium, bought at Christmas 2006, died tonight. RROD. Fortunately still in warranty. I never thought it would happen to me! :smile:

I've now bought all three latest generation consoles (360, Wii and PS3). No doubt that in terms of design the 360 is somewhat flawed - if nothing else, the noise is unacceptable in a media device.

Well my second Xbox 360 died tonight. It was a new elite that I got after my first one died. I was having a lot of fun with GTA IV but decided to give COD4 a go and wham....checker-board screen. Reboot the box and 3RROD.

I will say that my Elite lasted just as long as the my first one which was the standard version. About 8 months.

Oh well, time to give my PS3 some lovin' I guess.

Well for some strange reason my XBox came back to life the next night and was able to put in 3 hours of Halo 3 and COD4 without error. The night before I was unable to put in 5 minutes without freezing with graphical errors (either fuzzy vertical lines and once a checker board pattern). I also had the 3RROD once on boot.

I am still pretty sure the system is on its way out and will send it in for repair when I get the coffin delivered this week.

Just wondering if this is common with some XBox's?

Well for some strange reason my XBox came back to life the next night and was able to put in 3 hours of Halo 3 and COD4 without error. The night before I was unable to put in 5 minutes without freezing with graphical errors (either fuzzy vertical lines and once a checker board pattern). I also had the 3RROD once on boot.

I am still pretty sure the system is on its way out and will send it in for repair when I get the coffin delivered this week.

Just wondering if this is common with some XBox's?

There's been a number of reports where people have been able to resurrect them (at least temporarily).

My friends 360 died a week ago too. He didnt play much because of work, an dhis console is one years old only.

READ RINGS OF DEATH

He was pissed and he said it is inexcusable. His Saturn still works and used to play the shit out of it

Well mine died last Saturday, though it had been fading for a while, I think it was my 100 hours total time on Lost Odyssey that finally killed it off :) Not too worried as it's covered by the guarantee so off to Hamburg it goes courtesy of UPS (pickup driver claimed he was collecting 50-60 boxes a day . ouch) . It's good in a way as it's given me a kick and got me back playing with XNA again :)

are you sure it was the RROD and not just another error code? there are several red error codes not all RROD

oh and all indications that the RROD fiasco is OVER.
there is residual failure here and there as with all systems but the "forum panic mode of death" has passed and has been replaced by more resilient systems and a 3 year warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you sure it was the RROD and not just another error code? there are several red error codes not all RROD

oh and all indications that the RROD fiasco is OVER.
there is residual failure here and there as with all systems but the "forum panic mode of death" has passed and has been replaced by more resilient systems and a 3 year warranty.

I dont know about xexuxjy's but my friend had tried everything to make sure it wasnt the RROD. The day before he got the RROD his 360 crashed all the time no matter what game he put in after 5 minutes.

He searched all over the internet, he surfed into the official XBOX site, but it seems it was indeed an RROD

Might have been something different but the support person diagnosed it as that and said to send it back. Was a uk launch console so wasn't hugely surprised. Just glad I could finish LO before it finally died :)

Back