Fable 2

I was listening to some some old podcasts, and I saw a bit of info that I had seen earlier but glossed over: that you can't die, but instead you will lie there and get beaten (and get disfigured) or get back up at a (xp or gold) cost. Does anyone know if this still is how the game works?

This is correct. You'll get scars and other physical deformations from too many beatings and this will reflect in how others perceive you.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that isn't the case anymore and Molyneux said it was changed because of focus testing. People were turning off the console, because they didn't want the scars. Now when you die and fall down, you will just reawaken in battle, but lose out on all the experience that you would've gained in the battle you were engaged in. That's my understanding on how it works now.

I hope that's not the case Malibu. I'd love to play through and be held accountable for all my actions and thus show the results (good or bad). Hopefully there is an option.

Amazon has a nice "Release Date Delivery" option on some pre-order games, and Fable is one of them. Just pre-ordered it along with LBP, no tax and the Release Date Delivery option is free. Estimated delivery is the 21st for both of them. That's too much gaming goodness for one day! :D

Amazon has a nice "Release Date Delivery" option on some pre-order games, and Fable is one of them. Just pre-ordered it along with LBP, no tax and the Release Date Delivery option is free. Estimated delivery is the 21st for both of them. That's too much gaming goodness for one day! :D

Only if you pay for Prime I believe.

IGN

Lionhead's long-awaited Fable II ships to stores next week. In celebration, we're giving you five days of Fable II coverage this week. Each day we'll explore a different aspect of Fable II in both text and video. The first three days focus on the different aspects of combat -- strength, skill, and will -- with the final two days looking at relationships in the world of Albion and the differences between playing as good or evil.

Though we are breaking up combat into three parts, it should be noted that no one should focus on a single aspect when fighting. Combat is meant to be a mix of sword, guns, and magic. Focusing on just one, while certainly acceptable, isn't going to look very cool. If you want to impress the ladies, you're going to want to mix up your styles. Slow time with magic, then get in a few hacks with your sword, and as your enemy is reeling, whip out your pistol and blow off their head. Not only does this look slick, but it boosts the amount of general experience you earn, which will help you level up faster so you can more easily separate an enemy's head from his body.

IGN Video Special: The Sword

[gt]41462[/gt]

Combat looked a bit Assassin Creed-ish, but then I think that's somewhat on purpose, since there's only supposed to be one attack button. Actually aiming the gun was cool, though.

Oh sooo good:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41461.html

Again, I'm going to ignore all play "tips" about this game and play the game strictly to my mindset. I'll make the decisions for my character as I would in real life always. That includes transfering the money and items from the pub games which I gathered using the exploit. If there is a consquence to the exploit as Peter had hinted, then so be but that is the choice I made.

What do we know about Fable 2's story? Molyneux hasn't had that much experience with story games (which isn't really a problem with Populous/B&W/etc.) and Fable 1's was terrible, so hopefully they hired someone else to write it.
Ban him! ;)

Back