Metal Gear Solid 4 post:#1067

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've certainly try'ed. Twice now they have told me that I should remember that this a sneaking mission, and oh it may a good idea to team up with one side and start killing the other side with them.:???: The battlefield is very large. Trying to find a way in without being detected is very difficult because you dont know where to go. So your progress is slow, and you'll probably get detected anyway. In which case you can chose, fight or run away. So I run of to a distant corner where probably wont find me. Surprisingly 4 soldiers walk straight towards me and stop near me. I'm still hidden by the octocamo but a second later they find me anyway. It all works very counter intuitively.

I'm playing on Solid Normal. I have also played MGS, MGS 2 and MGS 3. Controls have always needed sometime to get used to and its the same here. This is actually the first MGS where the confirm and cancel haven't been reversed like japanese games have.

You don't know where to go? Use your map and compass...and then get creative...climb ladders, get to higher ground, crawl through ducts...come on.

And IGN US give MGS4 10/10 http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/881/881472p1.html

It's 3am...I'm in Act 2 lol Bed now.

Of coarse you need to keep still, and you'll get around 75% invisibly if you do.

Should be 85% in shadow, broad daylight.

The game becomes pretty easy if you start killing one side. The other will move up on the frontline along side you, and you can actually explore the battlefield and pick up everything you want. But not giving up on sneaking just yet. Maybe there are some better sneaking levels up ahead.

I am sneaking around, killing PMC rats. I like how things work out so far. Was a little scared to kill them at first, but I managed to lay down a few soldiers and their reinforcement, and escaped.

Like deepbrown mentioned, the map shows you where you need to go (Press SELECT).

Btw, the sound effect is nice. When the Gekko landed in front of me, I could hear the bass echoed/rumbled throughout the space... just like in the movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ve asked something but it is still not answered.

Does the game support 7.1 Dolby Surround?

I don't have that set up in the office, so I can't tell.

EDIT: Heh heh... even the game manual is interesting.
It's like a comic book !

Yap ! Playing the game is like playing chess with Kojima. The most obvious route is probably the wrong way.

I ve asked something but it is still not answered.

Does the game support 7.1 Dolby Surround?
It's 5.1ch Dolby Digital.
According to the Phileweb interview with the sound engineer, compressed sound data occupies 1/4 of the entire disc. Realtime sound in MGS4 amounts to 128ch including on-memory 3D sound + 38ch multistreaming sound.
http://www.phileweb.com/news/d-av/200806/11/21214.html

As for the disc size, according to Pocket News, the ISO file of the Japanese version of MGS4 is 46.6GB. But when it's loaded on a Lite-on BD drive DH-4O1S in Windows, the game data is 29.9GB (MGS4 = 27.2GB, MGO = 2.7GB). So I guess there are padding sectors for faster loading. It has a PS3 firmware updater too (200MB). The required PS3 firmware is 2.20. The bonus "making of" disc is 22.7GB ISO with AACS V7.
http://pocketnews.cocolog-nifty.com/pkns/2008/06/metal_gear_soli_9cba.html

I chose a funny voice for MGO...because I thought it was funny. I just hope it doesn't annoy people, or make it a disadvantage during play. I can't change it now :(

wow... these reviews are making me more anxious. come on amazon... ship my game! :(

IGN:
Is it possible to give a game an 11? If so, this would be the game that would merit that score. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is a title that exceeds all of the hype that was attached to the title. Regardless of whether you've seen every trailer and screenshot, read every preview and heard every interview, you won't get a full sense of how phenomenal this title is unless you sit down and experience it for yourself.

Happy waiting :LOL:

Just purchased - I'm about to go in.

I'm a bit worried though. The only Metal Gear experience I have is a demo of MGS2. And the only reviews I've seen/read are Eurogamer's and on Playr (the new version of Gamer TV).

I think they both hinted, but Playr in particular, that the story was complex and had many layers that only "true fans" would really appreciate. Hmm.

Here's to hoping.

Just purchased - I'm about to go in.

I'm a bit worried though. The only Metal Gear experience I have is a demo of MGS2. And the only reviews I've seen/read are Eurogamer's and on Playr (the new version of Gamer TV).

I think they both hinted, but Playr in particular, that the story was complex and had many layers that only "true fans" would really appreciate. Hmm.

Here's to hoping.

Let me know how it goes, i got the same experience

All Hail Kojima

Did anyone here get to meet him and other members of MGS team in any of the promotional events held recently?

If and when I buy a PS3, MGS4 will be the first game I 'll play. I listened to MGS4 soundtrack on youtube, amazing work. It seems there are multuple composers in MGS4. Can anyone list them?

Can anyone write down the impressions without mentioning any spoilers?

All Hail Kojima

Can anyone write down the impressions without mentioning any spoilers?

I can backup you up on the soundtrack and sound - it's great!

The post-spotting/ enemies searching track is something I would put on my I Pod. It is fantastic and spine tingling.

Let me know how it goes, i got the same experience

I missed out on MGS 2, 3 and all their variations. I think it's a little like starting a new job. You know what you can do (kill people), but you are waiting for folks to tell you what to do. There are many new faces, but for the most part, they don't stop you from doing your job. The game encourages experimentation and exploration anyway. In the first place, you entered this new job probably because you saw something in this opportunity, so don't let the newness stop you.

Right now, I sorta have my own twisted and abridged version of the story to make do. Like watching a mystery movie, I kept the questions at the back of my head and will review the whole thing in the closing act.

Since I don't know who's important and who's not, I only pay attention to nasty looking folks and gorgeous women (in the classy sense, not the slutty kind in DOA ;-) ). In fact, usually when long cutscene plays, I swivelled the chair and continued my work.

May be I'll enjoy it more if I know these guys like 10 years ago, but so far, I LOL'ed at one cutscene (It scared me and then I giggled), and cursed once at Kojima for trying to confuse me. Other than that, it's all mind work and nibble fingers against Kojima's minions.

Trying to find a way in without being detected is very difficult because you dont know where to go. So your progress is slow, and you'll probably get detected anyway. In which case you can chose, fight or run away. So I run of to a distant corner where probably wont find me. Surprisingly 4 soldiers walk straight towards me and stop near me. I'm still hidden by the octocamo but a second later they find me anyway. It all works very counter intuitively.
Sounds as annoying as part 3, where I dropped playing "stealthy" very early and just killed everything. Played up the incredible annyoing and boring battle with "The End" and that was the point where I lost any interest to continue. Some idiotic freaks relentlessly crying their own name dint help the experience either - cant they think of cool characters like Raven anymore..

In short, is there anyone that hated MGS3 and likes MGS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back