Part 1 of new Nine Inch Nails record set available for download (Free)

Farid

Artist formely known as Vysez
Veteran
Supporter
http://ghosts.nin.com/

pic_splash555.jpg

From the readme:
Now that we're no longer constrained by a record label, we've decided to personally upload Ghosts I, the first of the four volumes, to various torrent sites, because we believe BitTorrent is a revolutionary digital distribution method, and we believe in finding ways to utilize new technologies instead of fighting them.

We encourage you to share the music of Ghosts I with your friends, post it on your website, play it on your podcast, use it for video projects, etc. It's licensed for all non-commercial use under Creative Commons.

Screen capture of the ordering page:
Jpeg artefacts are awesome! Here, have a few!
nin-site296.jpg

The site is extremely slow at the moment, so I took a pic of the ordering page, to give you an idea of what there is there, if all you want is to quickly check the information on the record set.

I'll try to find a torrent for first disc later. I didn't listen to any tracks, yet, so I can't comment on the album. But honestly, I didn't expect the 36 songs to be only 5 bucks (just €3.3 or £2.5). I read the news as something along the lines of: "Trent Reznor is handing the first part of his latest album for all to try." So, I thought "let's give it a try, I'll buy it if I like it." The thing is, I really didn't expect it to be a four disc album and thus the "first part" being almost a whole disc, nor did I envision the digital version to be this cheap. If the site was more responsive, I might have bought it right away... Even considering the fact that I'm not exactly a fan of NIN, it's definitely an honest deal, even if it turned out to be an average indus album
cue a debate on whether we should consider NIN as industrial music or not

Ordered the 2 CD set, great to see another release coming out like this.

Got the Saul Williams album a couple months back too.

"Year Zero" was a dance album, hopefully this one will be less like a Nelly Furtado CD....

I'll still check it out, even though Reznor's sanity is dwindling even less than before. Didn't he purposely release his last track to torrent sites, or something along those lines?

I just saw that the deluxe edition comes with a DVD that contains multi tracks editions of each tracks. All in wav formats. This allows you to make your own remixes... I'll just stick with the digital download, but that's great bonus content, I reckon.
Dude use a PNG goodness gracious.
Blame my laziness.

XnView remembers the last format you used to save a picture. And I didn't noticed that it was last set to jpeg when I produced the picture. Obviously, I was to lazy to reload the page and take a new screenshot, since in the mean time I not only closed the tab but also overwrote the clipboard cache.

I just saw that the deluxe edition comes with a DVD that contains multi tracks editions of each tracks. All in wav formats. This allows you to make your own remixes... I'll just stick with the digital download, but that's great bonus content, I reckon.

I just wish that their server would be more reliable, this was the fourth time that a download was corrupted. I guess beggars can't be choosers. But if it happens again I'll just grab the stuff via BT. :???:

It's legal for you to get it from Pirate Bay--it's Creative Commons. Share it, do what teh fuck you want with it. He's getting $75 from me.

"Year Zero" was a dance album, hopefully this one will be less like a Nelly Furtado CD....

I'll still check it out, even though Reznor's sanity is dwindling even less than before. Didn't he purposely release his last track to torrent sites, or something along those lines?

Somehow i dont think you'll like any of this then, its all instrumental.

It's legal for you to get it from Pirate Bay--it's Creative Commons. Share it, do what teh fuck you want with it. He's getting $75 from me.

Yeah, I know. Pure lazyness on my part :p

Anyway, I am gonna listen to it first and then I'll decide if I wanna spend some cash on it.

Back